Still tired at 8 weeks? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still tired at 8 weeks? Still tired at 8 weeks?

Unread 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Re: Still in pain

Chrisrinatas, so you still have your ovarys? So do you go through menopause? So how many weeks post op are you? How far are you post op are you? Hope you are feeling better today, I wish I felt like myself :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM

Ok ladies, my soreness and pain was still around until about 5-5 1/2 months. As time passes, it will finally be no more.

Keep in mind that upping your activity level as you feel better, will keep you sore for longer (at least for me). You are constantly aggravating things inside and of course, its going to stay sore, tender and swell. Things will eventually get better though.

I read in an earlier post about someone having yellow discharge. Have you been to the doc to get checked out? I had that and thought it was just normal healing. It wasn't. I had a small amount of granulation on my cuff that was causing that color and causing me to spot dark discharge once in a while (at 3 months & 4 months post op). She put silver nitrate on my cuff to make it heal and I haven't had any discolored discharge or spotting since.

Oh, if the doc tells you that you should be back to normal within 6-8 weeks, that's a flat lie !

My doc was very upfront with me about the time frame. Yes, 6-8 weeks to resume normal or somewhat normal activities but she did tell me that it could take up to 12 months to completely heal and possibly to feel "normal". I wasn't in the dark about this and I hate to see ladies given the impression by their docs that life will be perfect at 6-8 weeks.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM

Keltec, thank you for all the info, that was me with the discharge but my good for nothing surgeon said its "normal" and wont do a culture . I also told him my left side is bigger then the right and it feels heavy still "normal" all the pain the same and iam 2 months post TAH so what's a women to do? :-(
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM

yes i have both ovaries,ovulation time and pms are the worst.but i am noticing less pain as time goes on.hyster. has made them cysty cause they took my tubes that were ate up so bad w/endo.but kept ovaries so they do get cysty and do hurt but it seems its not as bad now like they were the 1st couple of months.other friends that i know that kept ovaries say ovulation hurts you but it seems to ease up w/ time.i guess thats reason gyno doesnt want to see me til next dec. but the 1st 3 months ovulation time hurt me really really bad.i think its where i dont have the tubes.I AM CROSSING FINGERS THAT THE PAIN GOES AWAY COMPLETELY.MY SURGERY WAS NOV.14TH.i thought for the 1st 3 months dr. had screwed me up but now i am thanking him.
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Good evening ladies, hope you all had a nice healthy weekend . I still have pain I cooked a nice ham dinner with home made rice balls now I wanna go to sleep just doing little things make me tired. What do you girls use for your scars that itch driving me crazy !. Iam still swollen on my LHS its been 2months the RHS don't even hurt did that happen to any of you? It keeps me up ALL NIGHT
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:43 PM

well one good thing is itching is good-meaning you're healing-i found a great O.T.C. gel cream for the itching-its called BACITRAYCIN PLUS-DESCRIP.SAYS FIRST AID TO HELP PREVENT INFECTION IN MINOR BURNS,SCRAPES AND CUTS.but i swear put the stuff on and the itching just left.MAIN INGREDIENT IS BACITRACIN.but i guess any vitamin e based cream would help.i didnt have really bad itching it was the tenderness around area that had me concerned but it too,went away.
this is a very deceptive-type recovery-YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER AND THEN SLAM!!!!!!!!!YOU FEEL SOMETHING ELSE.try ice for the swelling-i know heat feels better but the ice works wonders!!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register