Taking Gifts To Hospital For Nurses? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taking Gifts To Hospital For Nurses? Taking Gifts To Hospital For Nurses?

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Taking Gifts To Hospital For Nurses?

Hello,

I am new here & this is my first post. I just have to ask about the gifts for nurses. I have read posts from several here that mentioned that they were doing it. I am embarrassed to say, it never crossed my mind! Of course, I've never been in the hospital or had any type of surgery before either! So, what are you taking? How do you know how many gifts to bring? I have added this to my lists of things I am obsessing over for my May 21st hyst!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 11:12 PM

My mom did get some gifts for some of the nurses. She did not get the gifts until after her surgery and took them to the hospital at her two week check up.

She also got a gift for the doctor.

My SIL and I both had our surgeries three years after mom and we all had them at the same hospital. Mom and I have the same doctor and SIL has a partner in the office.

SIL and I did not get gifts for our doctor or nurses.

I guess it is a personal opinion if you want to get gifts or not.
Unread 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM

I've been to the hospital for surgery a couple of times now and have never once brought gifts, and I don't plan to now. I think a better gift for outstanding nurses and doctors is positive feedback- because too, often the feedback they hear is negative- the loud, whiny people generally get heard. But if you're feeling generous, a nice thank you card or letter to their superior to inform the higher-ups that you received outstanding service would be more valuable to them than a bag of chocolate or a picture frame that will end up sitting in a drawer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:04 AM

Hi - I took some Burt's Bees Lip Balm and rolls of Life Savors. I only gave the nurses their "thank you" gift at the end of their shift, because they came in one last time to say goodbye. I had a total of 3 nurses, two were great and I gave them a gift, and the third well let's justs say he didn't get a gift. But I think if you want to do a small something that would be okay. One nurse told me that it was so sweet of me to think of her and she really appreciated it. The other nurse was a student nurse, and she was so happy too that she gave me a hug.
Best wishes to you.
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:11 AM

I agree with the positive feedback. Our hospital (I have a friend that works there) has a points policy. For every survery (positive) that mentions you, you get points. Once you reach so many points you either get a bonus or a salary increase at the end of the year. I can't remember which one though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register