finally feel normal again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally feel normal again finally feel normal again

Unread 02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
finally feel normal again

Just a quick HELLO to everyone out there. It has been a while since I have posted, and I am very happy to let all of the ones I chatted with know that I FINALLY HAVE NO PAIN!
I was getting really discouraged at how long, and complicated my recovery became. I learned to listen to my body, rest when I needed to, eat good, and let the little stuff go. I felt much better all of a sudden at 62 days post op. (My DS 6th birthday) I am sorry I haven't been on in a while. It is funny how life gets in the way of life. So to anyone out there who is struggling with recovery time, just hang in there, put it all in God's hands.
All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2007, 09:22 AM

Thank you soo much for your reassuring post!!! I am 38 days post op and I am glad to know that I am not the only one with a slow recovery!!! Hope you continue to do well!!!
Unread 02-16-2007, 09:56 AM
What have been your difficulties?

I'd like to hear more about what were your difficulties. I'm 8 days post op - LSH. 3 small incisions. I think I'm feeling worse than I did the first few days -- pain come and goes, though not too bad. Mostly feel it in bowels for gas and bm. Not sure if this is normal. Also feeling a little depressed I think. Our basement flooded two night ago, Not able to help, digruntled teenagers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawn
I'd like to hear more about what were your difficulties. I'm 8 days post op - LSH. 3 small incisions. I think I'm feeling worse than I did the first few days -- pain come and goes, though not too bad. Mostly feel it in bowels for gas and bm. Not sure if this is normal. Also feeling a little depressed I think. Our basement flooded two night ago, Not able to help, digruntled teenagers...
Sorry to hear you're feeling discomfort. I'm afraid the bowels pain is part of the process. The advice given to me by the sisters here really helped. Hope you also find comfort:

1) Peppermint tea (this really works!)
2) gently rocking in a rocker or recliner
3) Gas-X (extra strength)
4) sleep on your left side
5) walking
6) drinking LOTS of water

Be sure to get lots of rest and also drink cranberry juice for your kidneys. Hope you feel better soon.

Poorhouse, thanks for the encouraging update. I'm soon to be at 3 weeks and feel good for the most part. Can't wait to feel like I finally have all my life back again.
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:34 PM

JLAWN - Hey there. I too felt worse off just when I came home. I had previously had a c-section which I am told made the surgery just a bit more difficult because of adhesions and some scar tissue. I had a TVH. I immediately started to have problems peeing, I couldn't get empty, always felt pressure and burning. They put the cathetor back in day 2. I had a small rupture of some internal stitches. I ended up with a wicked bad UTI. I only had help at home for 10 days, I have 2 kids (6 and 2), so I was not able to rest as much as I needed to. My bladder to a long time to get back to normal, but they say it is because of the "trauma" your body goes through. I didn't get it then, I just thought something was wrong, but I believe it now. My emotions were all over the place, I got really bummed and very moody. HOWEVER, I finally gave in, let the dishes pile up, started making simple foods, and RESTED!!!! All of a sudden one day I had to stop and think about the last time I had pain. Sooooo nice. The best thing anyone can do is try to relax, sleep and take it easy physically (other than walking). Drink lots, I agree about the cranberry juice, stay on the pain pills till you are told to stop, and stay away from any foods that you know will make you gassy or constipated. IE: onions, cheese, bannanas.
Hang in every one, God bless.
I forgot already, but I was in pain forever, it would bring me to tears. I stayed on perscription drugs for the first month or more, than I used tylenol and advil together for the rest of the time.
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Thanks Whtdove 3 and poorhouse. I appreciate the feedback and support. I'll try the cranberry juice -- doing most of the other. And taking it very easy! Today I just feel worn out, with no energy. Debating going to a friend's for dinner (she said she'd even pick me up, although I've started to drive short distances). But may just watch another movie -- still in my pj's!

But, will get out for a walk, just to keep everything going. Fresh air feels good, even if it is 24 degrees!

Thanks all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register