Scheduled LSH Was feeling calm until today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Was feeling calm until today Was feeling calm until today

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Was feeling calm until today

Today is the first day I lost my calm feeling. I tried very hard to avoid reading, watching or listening to anything negative but did not succeed today. And it sent me spiraling. I'm a wreck at the moment and trying very hard to get my calmness back. I want this, my life will be better, I can't let fear stop me from a better life, the doctor'sknow what they are doing and will not intentionally put me in harms way. Ya none of that is helping. Going to pray again for strength to ignore what I've read and watched and focus on the positives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Re: Was feeling calm until today

Honestly, I think what you are going through is a normal process, probably because I went through that spell too. And, I'd bet other ladies here have as well. Mine hit me right after my Pre-Op appt with my surgeon. I was scared, angry, conflicted and had second thoughts about everything. I quit coming to this site for about 5 days. I quit talking about it, tried not to think about it. When I was feeling ok, I spent time with the boyfriend, friends, even the dog and kept myself occupied with other things until I got my calm back. I will pray and send you the best of wishes to help you through this. Hang in there!! *big hugs*
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:26 PM

I also got nervous after my pre op appt. on Thursday. Reading all of the possible complications and having to sign off on that really got to me. I have since decided to focus on the positives. The realization that it is for the best and having confidence in my doctor has really helped. Maybe try reading a book or watching tv to get your mind off of it. I hope you start feeling better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Thanks ceejai3 and jillss. My panic attack/mini breakdown is finally starting to subside. I may sleep tonight after all - if I can keep my mind from drifting to those dark places.
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Try visualization. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, in through your nose, clear down to your stomach, hold it, count to 4, exhale slowly through your nose, do that about 5 times. Think of a relaxing place that you like to go. Imagine that nothing can hurt your there. You get the idea.....This too shall pass. I am also trying to convince myself.

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM

I freaked out on Friday my pre Op is on June 19th. I was reading about people getting the Da Vinci surgery and my doctor is not doing that type. I made an appointment with a doctor that does it to see if she would remove my uterus and cervix like my current doctor. I read about women keeping their cervix's with adenomyosis and people who had their cervix taken out. I am suppose to get my cervix removed I am seeing another doctor on Tuesday to see what she has to say. I know I am annoying my friends talking about surgery trying not to think about it or talk about it anymore. Luckily the lady I walk with had surgery 15 years ago and she seems to be understanding. Hang in there I bet most women freak out before surgery. I know I am freaking out.
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:08 PM

Lovelylady, I'm breathing out and breathing in. In with the good, out with the bad, in with the good...

Smw39, that is one of the best things about this site. No one here is ever annoyed or gets tired of the "talks."

I am slowly getting back to focusing on positives. Better to get all the freaking out done now rather then night before or day of surgery. Better to freak out on weekends when I don't have to get up next day for work.
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM

I've totally been there and I'm sure I'll be there again at some point in the next 1 1/2 weeks. I've been angry, sad, freaked out, tried talking myself out of surgery, etc, etc, etc. As one lovely lady put it here, "I'd be more concerned if you weren't worried." Its all normal love. Embrace the craziness.

And I totally agree, its so awesome to have a group of ladies you can come to that never roll their eyes when you aren't looking just because you need to talk again.
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:39 PM

I had this crazy day last Monday, funnily enough I felt a lot better after my pre op, because the nurse I saw explained everything in a lot of detail, and the anesthetist was also very reassuring. I also have a "venting friend" who doesn't mind when i call her freaking out, and an emergency box of chocolates on hand for if i flip out again! Only 3 sleeps.....breathe...breathe....
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:43 PM

M'm'm'm chocolate! Best wishes to all you sisters who are still waiting. Honestly, I think the "waiting" was the hardest part of it all. *many hugs*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register