new at this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
new at this

hi everyone!
this is a wonderful site. i am 40 and was diagnosed last year (Oct) of a fibroid cyst on my uterus, i have had 3 past c sections. my doctor advises me to have the partial and have my uterus and cervix removed, leaving the ovaries. the cyst gives me pressure at times, and my periods are 10 days..;(. i am so thankful that it is treatable, i am not really afraid to have this hysterectomy, but i was wondering a couple of things that someone might be able to encourage me with...myhusband was recently relocated to Tn, we live in SC right now, our house is up for sale and we have had alot of lookers, we also have college age kids that are suppose to visit soon before we move, i also have a mom that just had knee surgery and may need some help. I am praying and seeking my husbands advice, I am blessed with a wonderful husband also, in deciding to have this surgery in two weeks or wait til we move, i love my dr and would involve starting form scratch with a new dr.......i would love some suggestions, it doesnt feel like the best time, but i am fearful of waiting.....what do you think...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
new at this

My 2cents, I went through 8 doctors before I found a great doctor I feel confident in and trust, if you feel real good about this doctor I'd work with him before you move or see if he knows any great doctors like him at were you are moving to.
Unread 05-27-2004, 02:48 PM
thanks for the encouragement

Dear Abbie...
Thank you she is a wondeful Dr. I have def. thought about that too. I was also wondering how many who have had hys, have had epidural as oopose to those who were put to sleep, I was opting tostay awake...any thoughts on this....Blessings.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2004, 12:19 AM
new at this

Hi Nancy,

WOW, what a mouthfull. It sounds like you have a lot of tough choice's to make. I agree about the Dr., If you choice to wait mybe she could set you up with another good one. I was knocked out, cause I had so much work done. I don't like to be awake for the dentist so I didn't agrue with my Dr. on that point. Everyone feels differently and some don't have the option. I hope you find the answers your looking for. I'm glad you has a great DH to turn to. Best wishes in this time of uncertenty.
Unread 05-28-2004, 04:15 AM
new at this

Hi, I'm like tcs----I don't like hearing all that stuff at the dentist--I don't think I could handle hearing everything that's going on in the OR. I definitely want to be sound asleep-----wake me when it's over!

As for your other challenges, I don't know what to tell you. I'll keep you in my thoughts though for a swift resolution. Good luck!
Unread 05-28-2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks for Encouragement

Thanks TC's and Impressnormi for the encouragement. It is wonderful to have other women who have been there. I was awake for all my c sections, so I can see it is personal choice. I see that you both had bladder repair as well, was that becuase of the initial hys, or were they damaged prior? I am seriously consider waiting to after our house sells and we move. We will be living near Nashville soon, and I am praying to find another good gyno.
Unread 05-29-2004, 03:15 AM
new at this

Hi Nancy,

In my case I had incontinece, (urine leaking), Bladder and uterine prolaspe, heavy uncontrolled periods, abnoral pap., cysts on both ovaries. I was pretty much falling inside out. I was ina lot of pain. The only thing that wasn't broke was my retum. I go next week to get my castle date to fix that now. If you need specific info on any of it, just PM me and I'll share my experience's with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register