Painful Peeing & other issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Peeing & other issues Painful Peeing & other issues

Unread 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Painful Peeing & other issues

Has anyone had any pain while peeing? I just called my doctor and he put me on medicine for a urinary tract infection; however, if it does not clear up it could be an internal issue.

Also, on Sunday I came down with a nasty stomach/intestinal virus. I was immediately sent to the hospital severely dehydrated. My concern is I hope I did not do any damage with this virus! It was very painful "throwing up and the other thing" and it felt like things were pulled internally. My doctor is aware and told me to see how I feel in a week. Has anyone else got this 6 days after surgery?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 06:38 PM

Oh my!!
I am sooooooooo sorry you are going through this!!!
I am not going through and I am 11 days after my surgery.
Please take care of yourself and follow Doc's rules.
I am praying for you!!!
Unread 12-07-2005, 07:09 PM

I'm interested in hearing what others say about the painful peeing thing, too. I almost called my dr today but had some relief so did not. It's sneezing that sends me through the roof! I cannot imagine throwing up-you poor thing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Nope, you are not the only one experiencing the "painful pee"!!! I had my TAH (kept ovaries) on November 21, and I swear that something is lighting a match inside of me when I have to pee!! :cry: From what I am told, this is normal and should subside after a few weeks. I am told that this is because your bladder goes through "trauma" during surgery; meaning that darned catheter that they put in there, the doctor/surgeon moves the bladder out of the way to get a clear shot of the uterus, and then the bladder gets some sort of suturing....then when the surgery is finished, they put the bladder back.....UGH!!!
You also don't have to tell me about the sneezing/coughing thing!! I thought that I was going to keel over and die when I sneezed!! I am trying to come down with a cold (stinky 2-year old son of mine ), and I come to TEARS everytime I have to sneeze/cough. My hospital provided me with their version of the "SwellyBelly Belt"...if you are wearing this and have a pillow on hand, it KINDA takes away some of the pressure. I also try to let out 30 "tiny coughs" instead of the ONE huge cough that my body wants to get out! *LOL*
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM

I am still having some burning and pain when urinating. Had a urinalysis and culture to rule out infection...hopefully it shows something...I'm two weeks post op and shouldn't still be suffering the painful pee from a catheter...especially since it wasn't even in for 12 hours!
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM

My catheter had to stay in for at LEAST 24 hours!! :cry:
We had our surgeries 2 days apart...maybe I should get a urinalysis, too!!!
Unread 12-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Yes - still painful 4th week

I had one week with out pain during urination - my third week, but its back in week 4, believe this is a result of my over doing things because I was feeling so good one day. Ever since hosp. I have had to pee slow and push on my marble counter top in bathroom to lift myself on right side just to bear the pain. I did have my bladder retacted (unexpected), also did have to have the cather- vaginal hyst. I think this is going away, but not sure when yet. I too was told that all systems in area (bowels, bladder, etc) go into shock due to the intrusive surgery, and it was true with my bowels, so I expect this is just part of it. Take care.
Unread 12-08-2005, 05:54 AM

I had the same pain for the first few weeks post-op.

I have started my 5th. post op week and I have noticed in the past few days that the pain isn't there anymore.

I think that it is normal due to the surgery, but you should probably call your doctor just to be on the safe side.

So sorry to hear about the stomach thing! UGH! That had to be the pitts! I too still have pain when sneezing, but that is getting better as well.

I hope that you are feeling better soon!
Unread 12-08-2005, 08:28 AM

I'm on week 3 and went to dr. due to pain that would not go away with med's. Had ultrasound to rule out blot clots. Things are normal and made me feel so much better. I still have a time peeing. Have to shift around on the toilet some times. Dr. said it's all normal.
You need to take it easy and rest, rest and rest. Drink lots of water and eat fruits, veggies and whole wheat bread. You'll be fine. Remember we've had major surgery. : )
Unread 12-08-2005, 09:13 AM

Hi,
I'm sorry things are going haywire for you. They found out that I had a urinary track infection 3 days before the surgery. I had to rush and take the antibiotic, and i'm taking it now that I'm at home. Of course talk to your doctor, but I also have some cranberry juice and plenty of water for my infection. That has helped and I'm not having the pain.

I'm also taking a stool softener, this will help you with your bowels movements and cut down on pain. My advise also is to take it easy and rest, rest, rest, rest....watch some old movies don't worry.

It take time for the body to heal.

God bless you sister.....

Grace1

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register