4 Week Exam | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
4 Week Exam

Went in for my 4 week exam, and my doc says I'm doing great. He showed me my op and path reports and I was really a mess! Guess my adeno was pretty bad. He wasn't concerned with my incison drainage and said it should clear up in a week or two. He also said he thinks I probably hold the record for the most adhesions he has ever seen. At this point, he said that some people are just more prone to forming adhesions than others, and that I'm already forming some new ones, but they are at the very fragile stage now. So he gave me some light exercises to do, and I have to go back in 3 months. He also said the Vivelle patch should be OK for me, even though I had the endo, but I will be monitored closely. Still no full golf swings or intercouse for 2 more weeks, and then nothing wild for a while... He even said it's OK for me to do some of the driving on our upcoming trip. I did forget to ask if I could get in the pool or the hot tub, or take a bath, but I'll wait until we're ready to go and see if my incision is still draining. He said that he thinks one reason I did so well was because of my attitude. He said that I'm always smiling and trying to look at the positive side of things.

I have to admit, I'm still not 100%, but I feel so much better. I no longer have the backache, the headaches, constipation, or pain. My disposition is actually better, and I really only have cried a couple times, but no meltdowns. I don't regret having this done at all. At this point, I'm looking forward to a fun summer and good health.

Oh, almost forgot. I asked about the swelly belly thing, and he said he usually tells his patients 12 weeks. Then he said it's usually 6 -12 months before a woman is completely recovered from this surgery.

We have a beautiful Spring day here today and I feel very positive. I took my DD and SIL to lunch and we had Chinese and went to Lowes to check out herb sets, but they don't have much out yet. Hope all of you are feeling well today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
4 Week Exam

Hey Bonnie,

Glad your check-up went well! It sounds like you are progressing right along woth the best of 'em! Congrats!

Yes, spring is in the air today and it seems to be making a lot of us feel a bit better. FINALLY!!So glad we princesses are reclaiming our lives one bit at a time!
I hope you just keep getting better and better!

Hugs to you!
Christie
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:26 PM
4 Week Exam

It's so good to hear some good news! Thanks for sharing your positive attitude with us. Sounds like you got a good fortune from the Chinese restaurant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2006, 05:43 PM
4 Week Exam

awesome news bonnie....yes, i agree beautiful weather here in ohio (for a change)....actually went out and walked and shopped till i literally dropped...i'm so sleepy now...all that fresh air...

AnnRuthie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register