why can't my mom | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why can't  my mom why can't my mom

Unread 07-14-2008, 12:11 PM
why can't my mom

ASK before inviting ppl over. every time she has babysat for us since my hyst she has invited ppl over
and I told her that she needs to ask next time and she said"well your in bed so who cares" I DO!!!, i't my house, my food, my kids that don't get taken care of right b/c she's talking to her friends. OH and she invites my sil over with her 2 kids so thats 5 kids in my house and she don't clean up after they leave so my DH has too clean the hole house after he gets home from working a 12 shift
OH,OH and she said that reaching to get a a cup is OK iam short so i need to really reach
OH,OH,OH and one more thing my DH has had to take 4 wks off work b/c she's TOO busy to help
and the kicker is, she had a hyst 25yrs ago
I am sooooooooo mad right now!!
i want to just kick her out of my house right now but I can't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
why can't my mom

You must be my sister. MY mom called and invited herself over for dinner because she had a puppy here she was getting from me so calls and says "We're gonna come over for dinner I'll make it and visit for awhile." Well after dinner another woman and her daughter who were also getting puppy from me called to come by and see their puppy too. They stayed for about half hour so now I am 2 weeks post op with house full of people playing with puppies. This only gets funny when after mom and stepdad goes home at about 10 pm she calls next day and says I should really tell other people not to come over right now to see those pups because I really need to be resting and I have no idea how much having company takes out of me. LOL. WOW!! Yes I do! I don't recall inviting HER over either!!!! ~sigh~ what ya gonna do?
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
why can't my mom

AMEN!! We had our surg the same day and the weekend I came home from my TAHBSO my MIL was here. Well DH wanted the kids to see grandma so he had all 6 of our kids come home from various depositories. Then SIL, BIL w/baby, and BIL's brother along with several neighborhood kids over for a BBQ! Since then I had a couple weeks off from visitors then he brought the older kids back and we had 16 kids at our house all day while he went to work!

Some people just really don't get it. I guess look at the silver lining, if MIL doesn't remember how hard recovery is, in 25 years you won't either! (Sorry it was the best i could do )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM
why can't my mom

All I can say is-I'm sorry your having to deal with this.

I know my mother wouldn't be any better. I told her about my hyster in advance. I waited 2 weeks before I called her to "chat" and see if something was up. Nope, she just forgot. Tells you I am high on her list of things. Bust she can remember every tiny detail on my sister and brother...

Mom's gotta love 'em anyway.
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM
why can't my mom

My mother AND mother in law live with me in the same house 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!! MIL insisted in making me soup the day I came home, OH, it was 100 degrees that day, and I'm sure my body temp was 125. My mother, of course wants to everything for me, I am her daughter. MIL tries to outdo my mother. DH, walks around shaking his head. And my MIL invites my son, dil, to dinner the day after I came home, and they came with my 3 year old granddaughter. This is a great place to vent.
Unread 07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
why can't my mom

Kris 27,

I was going to say "at least she doesn't live with you" but azeala beat me to it...
My mom lives with me!!!! So I know what you are going thru. Anytime you need to vent I will be here to listen, and feel your pain...
I know for me it's hard to confront my mother. So I just call a friend and vent. It makes me feel good.
Like I said, if you need to gripe we will be here for you.

ang
Unread 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
why can't my mom

I can't confront my mother.....she's my mother. MIL on the other hand, that day is coming.
Unread 07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
why can't my mom

azeala,

Thankfully my MIL lives in CA. The furthest you can get from us.
With my mom, I just revert back to being a 7 y.o. child and secretly plot against her. (not that I do anything...)

Good luck with the MIL.
ang

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register