It isn't so bad! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It isn't so bad! It isn't so bad!

Unread 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM
It isn't so bad!

To all the ladies who are scared and waiting, I just wanted to say that it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated! I had TLH/LSO on 11/22 and this was by far the easiest surgery I have ever had. I just came home from the hospital today. I had more pain day 2 than I did day 1, but now I am feeling much better and even getting around okay on my own. I know it is really scary when you don't know what to expect, but don't let your fears freak you out because it really isn't that bad. Good luck to all and try not to fret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Re: It isn't so bad!

My Dr said the pain would peak before the third day and it was all smooth sailing from there...I am so ready to feel normal again and not tell the DH or my friends no because I am too tired or bleeding too heavy...
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up...I was freaking out today and second guessing my decision. By any chance, did you have a hysteroscopy before your surgery? Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 08:06 PM

No. I had a laparoscopy in 2007 to clean up my endo and then I have had several ultrasounds to keep an eye on my cysts. Finally I broke down and had the hysterectomy after many years of doctors urging. It seemed like such a monumental decision that I wasn't expecting it to go this easily.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register