12 days post-hysterectomy exhaustion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post-hysterectomy exhaustion 12 days post-hysterectomy exhaustion

Unread 04-04-2016, 07:08 PM
12 days post-hysterectomy exhaustion

Today has been day 12 and I feel like I am so exhausted. I have slept so much today and feel like I am still tired. I have been asleep more than I have been awake today. I feel like every day I have become more tired. I have not been sleeping well at night either so I don't know if this is because of that or if this is normal at this point. Also when I do get up and move around I have this uncomfortable pulling feeling in my stomach that is painful. Not sure if it is because I am laying around a lot or if this is part of the normal healing process. Thanks ladies we are in this together and I appreciate and words of encouragement that you all have to offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Re: 12days post-op exhaustion

Oh yes, I have been a total couch potato, tiredness is the new me, I think it's normal.
Unread 04-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Re: 12 days post-hysterectomy exhaustion

Aches & pains are all normal. I kept having this feeling with my abs like they were so sore & weak. It felt like i over did a marathon with crunches, which I know I didnt..

Your body has been thru a lot from stress from surgery plus reduced hormones. Idk if your ovaries were removed or not, but if you still have them; frequently will experience a surgical menopause, usually it takes a bit to a few weeks. For some, it can be the new normal. So common symptoms are fatigue, like exhaustion, insomnia & brainfog. Hot flashes are also possible. I have my ovaries but i had insomnia for weeks-it took time, but slowly improved. Fatigue improved, but anytime I over do it even now, it hits me. I was having to take naps up to 8 weeks, then as I increased activity, I had to take naps to week 10, but it was shorter durations.

For recovery, I like take B12, B complex, magnesium. There are natural things to help aid recovery & menopause or just call your Dr for advice. It does get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2016, 07:35 AM

I'm 11 days and pretty tired. To help my sleep at night I am trying to stay awake all day. I put my feet up a lot and lie in bed on the computer for part of the day. Short walks spread throughout the day. I had plans for more driving and an outing a day, and by outing I mean trip to ATM 3 miles away. But gave up on that after being truly wiped yesterday and poor wardrobe choice. It's major surgery, you need extra rest still. I feel much better, but it will be a slow recovery. Hang in there.
Unread 04-05-2016, 08:54 AM

I know it seems like it's been a long time. But you're quite early in the healing process. Expect that the fatigue to stick around for roughly the first two months, and then from there it was still rear its ugly head. But it gets better. I have learned to respect it because when I didn't it made it worse. REST REST REST. Pamper yourself, and let your body heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register