numb uppper thigh. Is this normal??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

numb uppper thigh. Is this normal??? numb uppper thigh. Is this normal???

Unread 07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
numb uppper thigh. Is this normal???

I had a TAH on 7-3-06. I have done great since the surgery. I only take motrin for pain. I have been very careful with what I do. I do not lift, pull, or push. When I first came home I had tenderness and pain in the groin area. That is gone, but I have a patch on my upper thigh that is numb. This is all on the right side, I had low R back pain prior to the surgery, does this have anything to do with it. My back pain has gone away since the surgery..

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 05:56 PM

I wonder if you have a pinched nerve.?

I had a day of lower back pain and leg pain last week, but never experienced the numbness.
Unread 07-17-2006, 07:24 PM

Hi, I had a tah on 6/27 and I had the same numbness problem but it was in both upper thighs. I am noticing that it is going away,gets better every day and I have talked to alot of my friends that have had different surgeries and they have had the numbness also so... hang in there and it will go away in a few weeks.
zoey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 08:25 PM

Hi love to sew.. Have you ever had any ct or mri's on your back before? I ask this because I had r thigh numbness and ended up after having tests found out I had problems with my back. Disk problems.. a fragment was sticking into my spine. I went on anti inflamatorys,steriods,and lots of viccodin before having epidural shot's into my spine which did the trick. If was funny to read your info.. After surgery I have been having pain in my r ankle so I'm leary that my compinsating for my stomach possibly agrivated my disks again.. I'd mention it to my dr to be safe. Maybe this is normal if zoey02 experienced the same thing. checking cant hurt.. Best of luck and god bless...
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:35 PM

I don't know the answer to this one but congratulations on your back pain going away. I had severe lower back pain before the surgery and unfortunately, I still have it.
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:45 PM

Hiya,

I have had lots of back problems - including bone fusion (L4-5). I have had EMGs, nerve blocks, CT Scans, spinal taps, etc.

Bottom line- you don't need to live with back pain. There are loads of methods (Physical Therapy, pain management, etc.) that can help.

With all of that said - I saw my GYN today for numbness in my right leg. He said that since I had no swelling, redness or heat coming from my leg -he was able to rule out a blood clot. He said that when they did my TAH, they moved nerves around - and that pain should go away with time.

I felt better getting checked to know for sure that I didn't have a blood clot.

Noni
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:51 PM

I had an area on my left upper thigh post-op that was numb--stayed that way for a couple of months. It would also feel as if it something wet was laying on that area, every now and then.

good luck with the healing process
diana
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:53 PM

Hi loves to sew- Did you have an epidural or lymph nodes removed? I still have thigh numbness, the doctor told me that is common with an epidural and/or lymph nodes removal (I had both). She also said it could take 6 months to a year to go away! I had leg weakness as well(I could not get up the stairs without using my hand to lift my leg) but that has gotten better. If it didn't she was going to send me for physical therapy.
Hope that helps- KJ
Unread 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM

I remember having the numb thigh.. funny, now because I don't remember how long it lasted but it's all good now and no numbness. It'll go away.
Unread 07-17-2006, 09:26 PM

I haven't had numbness in my thigh, but I have had problems with right hip. After I got home from castle, whenever I would sit my right hip and butt cheek would go numb. The numbness has stopped but now I have a dull ache in my hip. I do have back problems but this is different. I hope it gets better soon and nothing is wrong.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register