Scheduled TVH New to Hystersysters. My story.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to Hystersysters. My story.. New to Hystersysters. My story..

Unread 10-24-2010, 10:19 AM
New to Hystersysters. My story..

Hello Ladies. I wanted to post my story. I am 27 years old. I lost my Mother 4 yearss ago due to Malignant Melanomia stge 4. I also have a deep family history of cancer( uncles, aunts on Materenal and Faterenal sides) and my Moms Mom (grandma) passed with oat cell lung cancer. So on October 19 2010 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, The doctor scheduled me for TVH on Nov 16th. I am terrified. I know how one day my mother had her life and the next she was gone with a cancer that should have been 100% curable if caught in time. I have 4 precious Boys and have been married 11 years. I am so scared. I know I shouldnt be stressed but what else can you do or feel when you have seen cancer ruin lives up close. I am also concerned about loosing my cervix and uterus. How is sex going to be? Will I feel empty inside or not so much of a woman? Will my hysterectomy change me being patient and a kind person? My Mom had nervous breakdowns after she had her hysterectomy around 32 years old. Will I be facing that? As you see I am full of questions. I have alot on my mind an needed to get the beginning of my story out there to people who understand and care.. Thanks for listening..

Brina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Re: New to Hystersysters. My story..

brina! We are definitely here and listening!

I know you will find lots of support here. The first thing I would say is that if anything, now that I am about six months out from my surgery, I think I am probobly way more patient and kind because I am not dealing with so many health issues anymore. There are probobly a number of reasons why your mom was effected the way she was after her hysterectomy but it was more than just the surgery I think? Hormone shifts can cause emotional ups and downs but doctors know alot more about that these days and there is lots that can be done, have faith about that.

There are many, many threads on here from women with the same concerns you have about sex and woman-ness. If you use the Search tab, you will find endless threads to read, in addition to the responses that you get here.

We are glad to have you join us, and thank you for sharing part of your story so that we can give you our best possible responses!

Unread 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM

Hi WorriedNscared!

You have come to the right place! There are so many women here that are dealing with the same issues that you are. I haven't had my hysterectomy yet, so I can't answer your questions. But there are many women here that can. Just keep asking as many questions as you need to. I was a nervous wreck before I came to this site. I asked lots of questions, and now I'm just slighty nervous. If you weren't worried and scared you wouldn't be human! Also, ask your doctor about your procedure and what to expect afterwards. The more answers you get from the ladies here and from your doctor-the less nervous and scared you will be. I hope all goes well for you!

Hugs!

Jo-Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Brina- I'm new here too and I am 37 yrs old. Was told that I need a tvh but because of my grandma passing away with ovarian cancer at age 62, I'm starting to wonder if I should have everything taken out. Surgical menopause is sudden and I don't know what to expect, That's the scary part!
I have the same concerns that you do about sex after, the emptiness inside, changing me as a person to. This website has helped me alot, so don't be afraid. The sisters here will get you through it in whatever you are going through.
Go to the post op discussions and read some of their posts, it's been helping me as well. And don't worry, we will all get through this.
GOD BLESS you and your family!!
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Hi, I am 4 days out from my hysterectomy (da Vinci), and so far all is well! I thought I would feel hollow and empty inside, and less of a woman. But my insides feel the same as they always have. I somehow thought I could feel this gaping hole. But it isn't so for me.

I can't address the sexual part, because I am not married, and even if I were, I am not far enough healed for sexual activity. I can say that God has brought me this far, and I want to choose to trust Him that when the time comes, that part will be a blessing also!

as of 10/20/10

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register