2 wks post op and feeling lazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 wks post op and feeling lazy 2 wks post op and feeling lazy

Unread 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM
2 wks post op and feeling lazy

It has been two weeks since my vaginal surgery and I am bored to tears and feeling lazy. Each time I try to do something ( not much) I am miserable. Driving,bending and sitting seem to take make my belly hurt or uncomfortable. I am still on pain meds. Vicadine. Anyone else? I feel that I should be done with them by now. Am I progressing slower than most?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 12:24 PM

I don't think you are progressing slower than most. I was like you bored to death then I'd try to do something and pay for it. What helped me was getting a book or 2 to read. I'ts like the other people on this site have said, you can do too much and end up taking 2 steps back. Good luck to you. Oh, I took pain meds for about 3 or 4 weeks. I vag hysterecomy and rectocele repair.
Unread 05-23-2006, 12:52 PM

Thank you. It is good to know someone else took pain meds past their second week. I also had a bladder sling put in so I could cough, laugh, sneeze and walk without wetting my pants. Thank you for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2006, 01:32 PM

There is no shame in having to take pain meds. I took them into my third week. I had really bad insistent pain where my fascia was tied off, and with everything trying to settle back into place. I did NOTHING for 18 days other than walk, sleep, shower and read lots of books. Then things got better day by day.

Take your time, and let your body heal...I know it is boring (doesn't daytime TV stink?). One morning you will wake up and be amazed that you feel better, and each morning after that, you will feeel a little better than that...ITs a wonderful feeling.

Hugs. T
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:54 PM

Thank you. Yes daytime TV is the worst!
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:57 PM

I had a TAH kept ovaries on may 9th. I feel sooo tired and bored. I want to help with the house, animals, etc. And know I can't. Yes I am still on the Percocets. I had an extensive 4 Hour surgery with complications and blood tranfusions. Can't even ride in the car..Yuck..But, I'm taking it easy and know I'm still "on track". I go in for my 2wk Post-op Thurs. Have you gone to your post-op appt yet????
Unread 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Well I am into week 4 and still taking pain meds (norco) and ibubrofen..i will take them until I dont hurt anymore...
Unread 05-23-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm 2 weeks post op and feeling tired and lazy too. Today I accomplished a mission. I sat down at the sink and did the veggies for dinner. It made me feel so much better. Before I do anything now I think about it first and how much easier I can do it than before. I stopped taking any meds after the first week and find I dont get any pain except in my right side on occasion. I think this maybe my bladder playing up so I've started drinking plenty of cranberry juice which seems to be doing the trick.... Good luck to everybody else who is on the road to recovery!
Unread 05-23-2006, 02:30 PM

I think you're getting mixed up with laziness with fatigue. You're not lazy...you're fatigued. A lazy person doesn't think they should be doing something..they don't think at all(just ask my teenage son..
You're fine..your energy will be back but don't be surprised if it comes in spurts. Just do something when those energy spurts show up..then you won't feel guilty..
We all have been there sweetie..
Unread 05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
fatigued

I'm with you!. I'm in week 2 and the smallest movements tire me out. One idea to help with the boredom is to have friends bring little projects to you that you can do whlie you're slightly reclining - like organizing your files on the computer or writing b-day cards ahead of time or even researching your next vacation. I'm usually running around with never enough time to do the things I want to, so trying to do things I won't have time for later that don't require movement. Hang in there! - Firefly123 :

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register