LAVH High white blood cell count still? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High white blood cell count still? High white blood cell count still?

Unread 04-23-2011, 02:11 PM
High white blood cell count still?

I had my surgery on 2/16. 3 weeks later developed a bad cold and was on antibiotics by my pcp. He gave me levaquin pain on R pelvic side also. Saw him about 3 weeks ago and when he pushed on that R pelvic side i nearly came off table. My pain is there besides inside near the vaginal cuff and the bladder. That pain still remains but my surgeon was not concerned and returned me to work. I eat ibuprofen all day.

My PCP had my blood results from preop, while in hospital, and when i saw him fro the cold. My WBC count was high starting in the hospital. I just had repeat blood work 3 weeks ago and its still high. I think my levels are about 18000. But I figured the antibiotic would have taken care of that. Now i'm worried its something going on. I dont see him til 5/27 but he wants me to call office to review the results. I see my surgeon on 5/5 but he does not seem concerneed about any of that or the pain. I'm also waiting to get my abdominal cat scan results back from PCP

Does anyone know how long their WBC were or hsould be elevated after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Re: High white blood cell count still?

You might want to give your surgeon and PCP a call and see if you can be seen sooner since you are concerned about the pain on the right side, the amount of Ibuprofen you are taking (taken daily it can cause an ulcer and affect your kidneys), and your lab results. You could also ask if your CT scan is back yet which could give a clue as to what is going on.

in there and don't hesitate to visit an ER or Urgent Care facility if necessary!

Unread 04-29-2011, 01:22 PM

What are they looking for in the CT scan exactly and was it with dye or w/o dye? I would be concerned it my surgeon was so nonchalant about the WBC and the pain. Ibuprofen over a period of time can damage the kidneys but that is a process that usually takes time. What about a kidney infection? I will check back for updates so keep us posted. I wish you the best of luck and you are in my prayers.

Nikki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2011, 07:49 PM

THanks for your prayers. I'm not sure what they were really looking for in the cat scan. It was using dye and was both with and without contrast. My PCP ordered the test after he pressed on the right pelvic area and I nearly jumped off table. A few weeks ago there was a possibility I had a blockage but although I dont have normal bowel movments its not stopped completely. I have found that sugar free candy makes you go! Im just concerned about an infection around the incision in the vaginal cuff. I do know that he had more work to do on the right and removed the right fallopian tube also. But last time i saw my PCP he showed me how the wbc count had increased after surgery and has not went down. i'm not running fevers. Today I had a friend over and we were doing a lot of gardening and work outside although he would not allow me to lift anything heavy and i'm pretty sore now.

They have done 3 urine tests since my surgery and all clear. But as my bladder empties still feels like i'm being kicked or punched in the bladder. I see the gyn on 5/5.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register