~~~pads in the mail~~~ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

~~~pads in the mail~~~ ~~~pads in the mail~~~

Unread 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
~~~pads in the mail~~~

Thought this was funny. I walk to my mailbox, just like any other day, open mailbox, stick my hand inside and pull out the mail. "What is this?" i ask myself "a package for me??" I can see that the package is from Kotex..inside i can feel a laughter building up.."seriously?" i ask myself. I open the package and BEHOLD the fine company has sent me some sample pads to try out along with a coupon for a $1 off! Now, i am laughing at this point, and complete total WEIRDO standing there laughing by my mailbox. The thought is nice, too bad they couldn't of sent me something like this YEARS ago. My surgery is April 13th and yes, Aunt Flo will be there with me at surgery. (love that girl, she is so thoughtful). Guess i can always use them after the surgery, that is if i will really need them. I just thought it was funny. Pads in the mail and i go to the castle in just a few weeks. (could of been worse, could of sat their and cried at the mailbox, but i just laughed like a crazy women instead!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Re: ~~~pads in the mail~~~

I agree that is funny....Good for you for laughing....That is such great medicine.... Really what they should be sending us is a refund for all those years of torture....
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:43 AM

i've gotten some pads in the mail after the surgery!!!!!!

luckily???? i needed them after this rectocele repair........

so they didn't go to waste anyhow........

i thought it was pretty funny at the time too!

hugs,
jamesgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyforest View Post
Thought this was funny. I walk to my mailbox, just like any other day, open mailbox, stick my hand inside and pull out the mail. "What is this?" i ask myself "a package for me??" I can see that the package is from Kotex..inside i can feel a laughter building up.."seriously?" i ask myself. I open the package and BEHOLD the fine company has sent me some sample pads to try out along with a coupon for a $1 off! Now, i am laughing at this point, and complete total WEIRDO standing there laughing by my mailbox. The thought is nice, too bad they couldn't of sent me something like this YEARS ago. My surgery is April 13th and yes, Aunt Flo will be there with me at surgery. (love that girl, she is so thoughtful). Guess i can always use them after the surgery, that is if i will really need them. I just thought it was funny. Pads in the mail and i go to the castle in just a few weeks. (could of been worse, could of sat their and cried at the mailbox, but i just laughed like a crazy women instead!)
I got that package of tampons not pad three days post op...I just looked at my husband and handed him the box he opened them and said well we wont be buying any more of these what do u want me to do w/ them. I told him to put them in the cabinet for friends just in case. You remember the time I am sure when u would go to a friends house and oh no mother nature....and not having anything now I will still have a few for them.
Unread 03-28-2010, 02:00 PM

On the same note, it kind of "irks" me to open up my 5th maxi pad in the same hour and have to look at the little paper liner that says "Have a happy period." Are they serious???
Unread 03-28-2010, 06:24 PM

I live in Canada and I got that exact same package in my mail box the other day!!
The difference is I am 56 and haven't had a period in 10 years. So I was actually quite happy to get a few free samples I can use post-op as I have no pads in my house! Good timing!!!
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethesummer View Post
On the same note, it kind of "irks" me to open up my 5th maxi pad in the same hour and have to look at the little paper liner that says "Have a happy period." Are they serious???
I know what you mean...Its gotta be a man that came up with that saying..."Have a happy period".... What woman says they are having a happy period? Are you kidding me?
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:33 PM

LOL. You gals crack me up. I started the morning before my surgery and sat on the toilet laughing. I am sure my family thought that I had lost it.
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:56 PM

Oh wow this also happened to me about 8 days post op lol. I texted all my friends to tell them about my lovely gift in the mail. People told me to hold on the tampons for nosebleeds lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register