Why do insurance companys take so long> | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why do insurance companys take so long> Why do insurance companys take so long>

Unread 10-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Why do insurance companys take so long>

I just really got the doctor on the ball for getting the surgery and now I have to wait 4 more weeks for the insurance company to give the ok..

So tried of hurting endo, ando, fibro's, cystis, bleeding all the time.

Am going to have a TAH BSO. Soon I hope, this has been going on since 1992.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2004, 02:54 PM

Wow, that seems like an awful long time. I got my okay within a week.

Tina
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:56 PM

Hi, I don't have an answer about the wait for insurance approval. I did want to give you a

I'll be praying that the approval comes sooner for you .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2004, 12:14 AM

Kahootz

Hi! Dont feel alone...I have to wait approx. 30 days for my insurance to re-approve my surgery. Im scheduled for surgery on October. 20th. Everything was a "GO AHEAD!" on September 24th and I set my surgery date. Now my insurance co. wants me to have an Endo biopsy (just had one not too long ago)....my doc said he cant do a biopsy while Im bleeding....enlarged fibroid uterus and bleeding is the reason for my TAH!....so now what? Im playing the waiting game too! I get all psyched up and now my surgery may have to be postponed? Another bad thing...my mom and sister live in Kentucky (Im in Utah) and they already purchased their airline tickets, to fly out here to help me during recovery. Its very frustrating...Im tired of the "merry-go-round."

I wish you the best of luck and a sooner insurance approval! Big hugs!

Renae
Unread 10-09-2004, 12:32 AM

wow
I hope everything works out for you I ahve Kaiser and got my approval right away
Good Luck With Your Surgery
Unread 10-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks for all the support

I have been bleeding since last December 21., I remeber the date because its my birth day, so you can tell how bad I feel, I take several different pains meds to make it through out the day and have since 1992 but the bleeding has gotten worse since last Dec. Thats why I have been pushing for the surgery, my doctor has covered all the base's. He has gotten the old surgery reports and has done several new test's, thats how I found out that he was going to take my cervix because the last bio., showed per cancerous cells. So now its just waiting for the insurance, he warned me about the insurance when we got started but I just didn't believe him.

I want to be able to ask them how can you sit there and play with people's lives like this. :burning: But you really can't fight the system..

Thanks

TAH BSO - heavy bleeding, orange size sist on left ovary, several large fibos in uterus and endo and ando- soon I hope looking about the end of Oct. to the first of Nov., keeping nothing
Unread 10-09-2004, 03:13 PM

Honey I know the feeling. I have actually been on the hospital bed getting prepped for surgury and the DR. came in and said 'WAIT'! her insurance has'nt approved her yet. I had to come home that day and wait two more weeks!! That same insurance company went bankrupt 2 years later on the day I had my baby boy!! We did not know this yet and as soon as I was in recovery from having him the phone rang , it was the hopital and wanted us to sign a self pay form. Talk about an upset new mommy, I cried all day. Our new insurance backed up and payed for every thing but it was a terrible worry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register