Surgery coming... anyone else getting more anxious? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery coming... anyone else getting more anxious? Surgery coming... anyone else getting more anxious?

Unread 10-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Surgery coming... anyone else getting more anxious?

dee924

I noticed we have the same date I am getting pretty worked up over the whole thing. I have been doing alot of house cleaning. Sometimes it helps to distract me. I can't imagine what it will be like the night before. As our dates gets closer if you need to talk to someone you can send me messages if you'd like. I think it would also help me to talk to someone else that has the same wait as me. Good luck to everyone with their surgeries and I'll for you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 04:38 AM

Hi all
I am glad it is not just me freaking out then.
Mine is 10th Oct (if my courage does not comletely leave the building before then).
I was scared anyway, frightened of hospitals?, I know how the lady feels about having her hubby there, mine has been pre warned not to leave me.. he can share my catheter if needs be
I went to my pre op on Tuesday, the Doc frightend me to death with all the possible complications, here in the Uk you get whoever is available so she is not one I have seen before but apparantly is going to be the 'Observing consultant' at my surgery.... it is to be done by a med' Student
She informed me that a lap assisted vag is more risky (my first gyne suggested it was the best way for me as it is less painfull and heals quicker, he never said it was more risky ), she also said that if one of my filshie clips drops into my abdomen she will just leave it there

So, whilst I was just terrified before, I am now totally freaking out now.
3 hours sleep in two days, can't keep food down, that sort of thing.
I rang my original consultants secretary and have asked him to phone me (been waiting 2 days now for that call) The secretary was very nice and just said they do have to tell you about all that stuff but in reality complications are rare!. It has not helped me sleep.
Thinking of changing to an abdominal incision now, if they will let me, just soooo scared.

No bag packed, housework was being done but can't consentrate on anything now.
I suppose it is normal to feel this worried?
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:20 AM

My date is still a little ways off too. 18 days and counting I'm not sure what to feel. My castle stay is like 1 day as long as all goes well. This seems like such a short time. I was told that it was considered outpatient surgery even though I am staying one night. I'm really nervous about coming home so soon. I am freaking out in NY too! My doc is great so I trust him and know that if I need to stay longer he will make sure it happens. I just keep having nightmares about getting shoved out of the Castle doors! This site has really helped more than I can even tell you. It is so nice to see that I am not alone in this. My DH is great but he doesn't really understand. My pre admission testing is next Monday. I can't concentrate either 1 Glad I'm not alone there. I feel like I have attention deficit or something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM

I am just a mess today...
Have been having a really bad period since the Colposcopy. I started two days after it.
My stomach can not calm down right now. I noticed that if I take a deep breath, then my stomach relaxes and stops hurting but then I feel it clamp up again.
Being here in South Carolina, I just don't want a Hurricane that day either! They seem to pop up really quick lately.
I have sooooooooo much on my mind....I wish I knew which surgery I was having!!! A Cone or Hyster. My pre-op is on Oct 11th. But the nurse said she will call when they get the results so I know.
Ugh!!!!!
P.S. I am glad I am not alone either!! I guess I am "normal"! LOL
Missy (AmIdreaming)
Unread 10-06-2005, 10:48 AM

I forgot to mention that I HomeSchool our girls 6 years old in the 2nd Grade and 9 years old in the 4th Grade.
I have my lesson plans done from now till Christmas Break. I am hoping that hubby will be able to step in easily and teach them. We use Abeka, and they have scripts to follow, which makes it easy to teach. I pray the girls will work as hard for him as they do for me.
I know I will take back the classroom soon after but I figured I would not feel up to planning for awhile, so I am doing it all now.
Anyone else HomeSchool through this?
Unread 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM

Thanks faithnhope. I haven't seen anyone with the same date as me until now. Today has been a good day. I've almost finished one of the books I ordered for while I'm recuperating. Gets my mind on other things. Thank God for Amazon. Now, if I could just shut my brain down at night so I could get a decent night sleep.

If you need to talk, rant, rave, or whatever, I'm here to listen.
Many prayers for ALL of us.
Unread 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM

We love and deeply appreciate the Post-Op girls!!
Unread 10-07-2005, 04:58 AM

dee924

I certainly know what you mean about trying to relax at night. My mind is going a million miles a minute. I think about surgery in the day, but at night it is way worse. I will just be glad when its all over. Keep in touch and I'll be for you and all the ladies facing surgery. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register