Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today? Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today?

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today?

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

I've shared the site with a number of women that I know that are either approaching surgery or have had surgery. I love the encouraging words and feeling like my experience and prayers might be a help to someone else.

Thank you for this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2008, 01:36 PM

I've just read this, and I hope I can help someone somewhere and give back a little of the support I've had myself. This place was so great for me just after I had my TAH/BSO. I think it's wonderful we can all help each other and that *everyone's* experience is relevant and helpful. Hugs to all of you! Kimble
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:57 PM

I agree with you all....am about 2 1/2 weeks post op after TVH....am bored, feeling lonely (kids out and hubby busy with work) and was feeling sorry for myself....that is till I got here. Great site with some wonderful info and insight

Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM

I am always here to give my opinion or try to answer a question for a fellow sister. This site is amazing!
Unread 11-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Posted items both in pre and post op....I hope they help. This site really helped me when I found it and I've told others about it. I also intend to tell my doctors about it. My initial doctor told me he didn't have any resources for his patients well he will now.

TaurusLady
Unread 11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Circle of Support - Have you helped a sister today? Reply to Thread

Still trying to navigate the site. I will definitely go to that area and give the pre-op gals some infor that I wish I would have thought about pre-op and somethings I should have planned for living alon post-op.
This site has been a lifesaver!
Unread 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to give back!

I hope my posts to the pre-op sisters are received with the that I send them with. I'm in a service oriented field so this group of sisters has been a blessing to channel all of that energy. I was so nervous and scared prior to my procedure and the stories of strength and wisdom helped to ease my concerns and worried .
I left my free booklet with my wonderful ward nurse (Highlighted bits and all), I will ask my Doctor at my post-op if she would like some for her practice.
Finally, I really wish there was an "I love Hyster Sisters" smilie, because without HS I would have been ill prepared on my trip to Hysterville.

Unread 01-30-2009, 01:02 PM

Char,
Wow you have a lot done for such a young gal! Glad things went well for you at the "castle". Come join us in the Games area when you are feeling better!
AD
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM

I absolutely love this website because it really helped me so much through my TAH. So I want to offer a little word to the wise.
One of my reasons for the hysterectomy was severe anemia- my hemoglobin was at a 7. After my TAH, my gyn told me to throw out my iron supplements because I would not need them anymore. He swore that I would have so much energy that I would be running circles around my husband. But I did not find it to be so. When I went back to work, I was tired and depressed. I went for a 3 month check up with him and cried. He said it might be menopause. So I believed, said to myself,"Don't be such a wimp!", and carried on. On Dec. 31st about 6 months after my TAH, I was admitted to the hospital after passing out from being severely anemic with a hemoglobin level of 5.8 (You should be 10-11!) Since then I have been to a hematologist that told me,"DON"T throw out the iron so quickly! You need to recover and iron levels take about 6 months to re-build." I am happy to say that this was the only cause of my anemia (there can be many other reasons). I am now on prescription supplements for iron and feel a lot better and viola! the depression is gone.
The morale of my story: Listen to your body. No one needs to be a super-woman. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR AS OFTEN AS YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO!!! We are all unique, beautiful women with unique and beautiful bodies. Don't put yourself on hold like I did. Blessings to all my sisters!
Unread 02-18-2009, 12:40 PM

I also have a friend who will be having a hystercectomy sometime during the summer break. I just told her about this website and I'm hoping she will be joining soon.

Have a blessed day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register