Ouch Weight Gain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ouch Weight Gain Ouch Weight Gain

Unread 03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Ouch Weight Gain

I gained 20 pounds very rapidly last year (less than 2 weeks) when all my problems started to get bad. No matter what I did last year the weight would not move. When I had the emergency lap in Nov I lost a few pounds. All through December while waiting for the hysterectomy I hardly ate. The pain was so bad if no one brought me food I wouldn't eat. Never loss a pound. After the LAVH my weight was fluctuating by about 12 pounds over a few day period up and down. One day it was up and never came back down. So for the last 2+ weeks I've been truly dieting with a grand loss of about 2 pounds. I'm pretty sure some of it is all the medication I'm still on. There are days when I feel very bloated. Now the weather is getting warmer it is hard to remind myself the weight is better than the pain and everything else I've been going through. I sooo want to get back the me I was a few years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Ouch Weight Gain

i am having trouble in the weight department too. i lost 10lb before surgery, but have since regained all that plus another 10lbs!! i have started on a calorie controlled diet and really stepped up my exercise routine, but i can't see any change. perhaps i might be toning up a little bit, but the scales certainly don't show any significant weight loss.
i'm really starting to get a little down about it all. i am frustrated that all my efforts are for nothing. it is especially discouraging when i am trying my butt off, and two women i work with who are skinny as, are running around boasting about how fit they are getting with their new routines! bah!!!! i feel such a failure.
i really don't know what to do
Unread 03-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Re: Ouch Weight Gain

Hi thanx you guys for your replies,im glad to not be the only one whos gained weight i get fed up hearing how every one else is losing it?i have been exe and eating a healthy diet(dont diet)im sure theres something more going on apart from the not being able to do much post op when i find out what it is i will let you guys know,happy healing and hope your all on the road to losing your weight any quick fixes let us know luv owls
TAH and 44yrs young:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register