3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues 3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues

Unread 11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues

Not sure where this fits in so I apologize if I am posting in the
wrong place. First of all - I feel good for the most part. Finally! Just a couple of questions/concerns that I need some others views on. If I sneeze or cough too hard - I leak a little urine. This is new - why all of a sudden? My incision did not heal well. It's keloided in the middle. It's only 5 inches in total but looks really strange... ??? I've also gained about 40 pounds!! No sympathy from doctor. He acts like I do nothing but sit around eating all the time. I did go off the prozac since I am no longer depressed. They blamed that for the weight gain. I blame the estrogen... I use .3 premarin tab once a day and .625 cream twice a week if I remember. (the intravaginal cream makes me itchy for lack of a better way to put it.) Now for the last and then I'll wait to hear back. My privates feel fat, droopy and puffy. ??? Sex life is good. Thank goodness for that! Just so you know - I do keep up with my check ups with gyn. Please - any ideas? If this is normal stuff - I can live with all of it except the weight. I am on WW's and have taken Zumba and it's coming off in very small amounts and very slowly. I think I'm doing all the right stuff. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Re: 3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues

Hi Sorry you are having all these issues. I wonder, you are on a very low dose of Premarin for someone who has had her ovaries removed - is it possible it's not enough? The urinary incontinence and weight gain can be from too low estrogen.

As for the keloid, unfortunately some of us are more prone to them than others. You might want to consult a plastic surgeon to see if you have any options, but when I did that I was told that a scar revision (surgery where they cut out the keloid and allow the incision to re-heal) would only result in another keloid. He prescribed Aldara cream off-label, which did soften and fade the scar somewhat, making it bearable. The only other option he mentioned was cortisone injections in the scar but he said there was no guarantee they'd work and they are painful, so I declined - the amount of softening I got from the Aldara was enough to make it bearable. Time also softened it a bit more - the surgery was almost 7 years ago now, and the last couple of years it's lightened up somewhat, but it will never disappear.

If your DR is not helping, maybe it's time to see a different one? Just a thought.

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Re: 3 years post op 11-13 and have minor issues

Thanks for your reply. I have a checkup scheduled in April and will ask about the dosage of Premarin. Maybe I should have my hormone levels checked as well? I am no longer depressed and it's time to take back control of my body. If that means changing doctors - I have no problem doing that. I never even considered that too low of a dose of Premarin could cause the weight gain and incontinence. Gives me allot to think about. Thanks again,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register