knot at incision site... more pain pass few days... 4th week recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

knot at incision site... more pain pass few days... 4th week recovery knot at incision site... more pain pass few days... 4th week recovery

Unread 01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
knot at incision site... more pain pass few days... 4th week recovery

Hi!

I had a TAH kept (ovarys) and am just entering my 4th week of recovery. I have had more discomfort/pain the pass 2 days and found a knot about the size of a quarter under my incision.

I have been recovering better that expected until now. Wondering if there is something wrong or if I just been overdoing it? I have had a c section before as well..

Please help, I dont go back to the Dr. till the end of the month!

Thanks!

Gonzomars
TAH 12-18-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Re: knot at incision site... more pain pass few days... 4th week recovery

I was told that the hard lumps around my incision were scar tissue by my Doctor. I was told to massage these areas 20 minutes a day by him. This is supposed to break it up so that the body can absorb it. My mother had exploratory surgery after her appendix burst and was left with a vertical incision from her navel to bikini line. She was told the same thing - to massage the area. It is painful to do and because of that I have not been too diligent. I was told to start doing this at 2 weeks and 3 days post op after the steri strips were removed. I had a TAH removing the uterus and cervix. The muscles were cut - not moved aside in the surgery with a horizontal bikini cut. It looks like an evil smile - LOL. Please check with your doctor on your individual case but do not feel alone and do not worry that you have done something wrong. I am not the best patient at following the rules but I am trying. If things seemed OK to my doctor, and my lumps are much bigger and cover a larger area than yours, there is definitely hope that there is really nothing wrong with you either. But, please follow up with your doctor before you go ahead and do what my doctor told me to do.
Unread 01-10-2010, 03:25 AM

Hi Ladies- I am a couple weeks ahead and I felt worse at 4 weeks than I ever expected. I felt great except for the bruised feeling until I hit a wall. It is normal...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM

I will be at 4 weeks on monday-I hear yah on the incision site pain-my incision are pretty much healed. I think it is just part of the healing process-I'm so looking forward to the day I can sleep on my tummy again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register