Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy

Unread 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy

Has anyone had vomiting, low grade fever and/or diarrhea 3 weeks post op? I am not sure if this is a virus or a possible side effect from IV antibiotic they gave me during surgery (Cefazolin 2mg IV). I was only in the hospital for 20 hours. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Re: Intestional problems 3 weeks after surgery

must be a virus. I'm three weeks and feel good. I have friends that have that virus.
Unread 01-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Re: Intestional problems 3 weeks after surgery

I'd get it checked by your doctor. Even though you've got 3 weeks behind you, you'll want to rule out a bacterial imbalance like c. diff. It's one of the ironies of anti-biotics that also kill off the good bacteria keeps the bad bacteria in check.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2017, 04:56 AM
Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy

I agree with Cussette; I see these types of infections in this forum on a regular basis. In addition to what your doctor prescribes, I would recommend a probiotic supplement, or regular servings of live culture yogurt, to reinstate your good bacteria. Also, if you're losing fluids out both ends, you could become seriously dehydrated, so you need to work to maintain your fluid and electrolyte levels. You can make a simple rehydration cocktail by adding 1/2 tsp of honey and a pinch of salt to a glass of clear fruit juice, or just get some Gatorade or Pedialyte; sip it slowly to minimize stomach upset. If you're wondering what to eat, start with the BRAT diet - that's bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - and avoid hard to digest foods until things return to normal; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, cucumbers, melons, pears, and artificial sweeteners. Here's hoping you'll be over this soon, and back on the road to recovery!
Unread 01-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Re: Intestional problems 3 weeks after hysterectomy

Thank you everyone! I called my PCP yesterday and they said give it a few more days unless I am not slowly improving which I am. I am hoping it is a virus and will just run its course.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register