My dh's whole fam damily wants to visit - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My dh's whole fam damily wants to visit My dh's whole fam damily wants to visit

Unread 05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
My dh's whole fam damily wants to visit

Honestly, I don't do well with it even when I'm feeling my best, but I always try to make the best of it. I'm kind of the odd one out as it is, because they think they have to do everything together....several vacations per year, not one couple goes out to dinner alone..everyone has to go, everything is done all together. I personally don't find vacations of 30 or more people in one house, with an itinerary where the guys go do their thing and the women take care of the kids and cook to be very enjoyable, so I don't go. Since there is a distance involved, I can usually avoid a lot of it. That is unless they decide to show up at my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2007, 09:04 AM

Are you Italian by any chance No way, if anything you should be visiting them and being served hand and foot.
This is not a time to feel obligated to pamper and serve your family. I'm also over 3 months post-op and I'm still healing and am having trouble running my household with 4 children and a dh.
Hawall
Unread 05-29-2007, 12:32 PM

I haven't had my surgery yet, but even I know this is terrible. If you care to leave an address a little note from a hystersister might be in order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Had my surgery the same day! The Dr. idea is great! Have a whole lists of great spas you could hide out in.
Unread 05-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Cancel them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 nieces and ones hubby are planning a 5 day vacation to "AUNTS" house here July 4th and I said "NO............I am sorry" I JUST cant do it. I know that it is still 5 week away but there is JUST NO WAY I can cook and wait on people and pick up and grocery shop and carry thjings even at 5 more weeks.

Just say NO......
Unread 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM

I am just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief! No offense but these people sound like bloom idiots! That is way off the inconsiderate chart!

Being the person that I am, I would tell them to pound salt!!! And I may be inclined to save up a 'moody spell' just for them!

Listen to your body and your mind!

Good luck and I have an extra shovel if you need one!!!!
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedneck
Good luck and I have an extra shovel if you need one!!!!

That really gave me a good chuckle! and I had my argument all planned out when he got home from work tonight. Sat down and I was asking him what the decision was about them coming out. He told me has to work on both of the weekends that they were considering. I never thought I would be happy to find out that he had to work two consecutive weekends, but I sure am! Saved me the headache of an argument. Not another weekend that will work for them for quite some time, either, as they all have to coordinate their weekends off in order for them all to come at once.
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM

It's the collective wrath of the Hyster Sisters put out into the universe!

Now go put your feet up and relax -- you've definitely earned this one!
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:53 PM

I understand ur situation as my dh family is very similar and peoples noses get bent out of shape if I say something, But honestly even I said no this year. Hun u need to utilize ur back bone. Its ur home say NO! If they still come, Leave. Plan a ladies weekend and conveniently forget they are coming the same weekend. If u make reservations at a hotel,concert, etc.. it will be too late to cancel and a waste if u dont go. Its sneaky but it might work.LOL Run Forest RUN!!!LOL
Unread 05-30-2007, 04:42 AM

I am glad to hear that they are not coming. That must be a big relief for you!
Take the time to relax!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register