Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Scared

Hello to all HysterSisters family. I am new to here. I am a 29 year old lady getting ready to undergo surgery. I guess I am here to find out the "everythings". I was/still am having terrible pains pelvic, cramps, so on & so forth. Still can't find anything wrong with my organs so to speak. My doctor did however find llittle evidence to Endo. So he gave me 3 options. 1- Birth Control the Marina I believe it was. 2- A shot I think it was call Lupron? 3- A LAVH poss TAH. I opted to #3. Is this a good choice? I mean I know I am the only one who can make this choice. But I as well want input. I did do research on each of the 3 things. I am just not to sure what exactly the LAVH Poss TAH. I mean it is a LAVH or is it going to be a TAH? Can anyone help me? I am going to the doctors next Friday so I can find out then exactly. But I just want to know to answers somewhat now..lol..Ok ladies I hope I wish everyone a good day/night. Enjoy..Qteyez6969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Scared

I was scheduled for a LAVH with the option of a TAH. Ended up with a TAH. Do what you and your doctor think is best. I am very happy with the results of my hysterectomy. I was so amazed when I woke up that my leg pain was gone. I had surgery pain but it did not compare to the pain I had been in before surgery. My cervix was very high and well my vagina was not as stretchy as they had hoped so that is the reason my surgery was switch a hour into the procedure. They can change the type of hysterectomy for lots of reasons.
Unread 07-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Scared

Quote:
I am just not to sure what exactly the LAVH Poss TAH. I mean it is a LAVH or is it going to be a TAH?
This means the surgeon will attempt to remove your uterus and cervix laparoscopically but may not be able to for a whole host of reasons (the size of your uterus, the presence of scar tissue, etc.) and will have to switch mid-procedure to the traditional slice across the belly.

Personally (I know this sounds cold and my earth-mama friend thinks I'm nuts) if I was done with my uterus I wouldn't hesitate to have it removed if it meant improved overall quality of life.

You're still pretty young so if fertility is an issue you're not done with yet, the other options can buy you time. I don't know how quickly endo advances and you might well be miserable in a short period of time, but from what I'm reading, surgery is no picnic and not something to rush in to.

I'd definitely get a second opinion in your case, with an opportunity to ask more questions about the pros and cons of each of your three current options as well as exploring maybe a fourth or fifth option.

Best of luck to you!
Beseda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Scared

Qteyez6969

You're right only you can make the choice that is best for you. you need to trust your Dr and make that decision with him/her. The day before surgery the admitting nurse tried to talk me out of a complete H..I was so scared and confused I almost canceled the surgery, but I spoke with my Dr and trusted her ...I have no regrets..the quality of life before was "wicked"..the pain for a short time after surgery was nothing compare to what I put up with before. Good Luck and trust your own instincts..listen to your body.
Unread 07-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Scared

Thank you all so much for your words of advice. I know its a tough thing to go through. I am up for the challeng. Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register