dVH/RALH 2 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Pain? 2 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Pain?

Unread 07-21-2016, 03:13 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: Vaginal Cuff Pain?

Hi again. I am 15 days (2 weeks) post op today. I drove for the first time today by myself. I've been out of the house with family on several occasions but this was my first all by myself. Instead of feeling accomplished, Im having a set back.

I was having some mild vaginal cuff cramping pain before I drove this morning. I didn't stay gone long since I was alone and didn't want to over do it.

Is some vaginal cuff pain normal? My discharge papers state increase activity as tolerated. Complete pelvic rest for 6 weeks, No driving for 7-10 days post op and no lifting over 15 lbs. No tub baths for 1 week. I've been following all instructions.
I have been having coughing fits that cause me to tense up, so I don't know if its related?

I have been doing more than I thought I would be able to prior to this surgery. I hope I didn't cause any internal damage to the cuff? Im not bleeding and the pain is mild to moderate and intermittent. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Re: Vaginal Cuff Pain?

Yayyyyyyy to you driving!!

It sounds like you are taking things cautiously and in small steps which is a good thing. Perhaps it is the way your body is telling you that you are doing a bit too much. Yet if it is something new.... I'd definately call your doctor.
*hugs*
Unread 07-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Re: Vaginal Cuff Pain?

Perhaps you've over-done it a bit. Have you been more active lately? Have you vacuumed, pushed a cart or carried your weight limit? Even if we are ok'd for some of these activities, our body may say it's too much. Hysterectomy is a unique recovery and it can be difficult to know how much activity is enough without over-doing it and paying for it later.

I suggest putting your feet up and taking things easy for a day or two and see if it gets better. If you begin bleeding heavily (soaking a pad in an hour) call your doctor and/or head to Emergency. If you are feeling swollen down below try an ice pack (wet and freeze a maxi pad and place in underwear) and perhaps try ibuprofen.

Keep in mind you are still fairly early post op. At 2 weeks I was still in a good amount of discomfort. I couldn't stand or sit for more than 15 minutes, I was swollen to the size of a 6 month pregnant woman and I couldn't do any household chores at all. Brushing my teeth and showering were it for me.

Hopefully some rest and TLC is all you need to feel much better. Remember to

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register