2 weeks enough? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks enough? 2 weeks enough?

Unread 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM
2 weeks enough?

As of next Monday I will be two week post TVH, with removal of a basketball size fibroid. My husband is back at work then and I will be left to bring the kids to school and pick them up. Start dinners, ect...(
Normal life)
I am terrified! I also currently have a bladder infection and I don't feel well enough to even be on my feet for more then half a hour, let alone driving.
Were you all driving at the 2 week mark?
I was told no driving for a least 3 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Re: 2 weeks enough?

I had a DaVinci and drove at two weeks, but only short trips. You just have to listen to your body and what you can handle. Try to do up some extra meals when you have bursts of energy. If you are lucky enough to have a church or social group you belong to, maybe they could help with meals and some car pooling? I know that would be in a perfect world! Just listen to your body and know that every one heals at a different rate. Hugs!
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:14 PM

I am 20 days PostOp. I was told I could drive as soon as I had been off my pain meds for 24 hrs which I stopped taking on day 4. Because I didn't feel ready, I didn't drive until yesterday. Bending to get in/out of my SUV was challenging as was twisting to watch behind me as I backed up. Other than that, everything was fine - and I have a manual transmission and I ran several errands and was out and about for 7 hrs.

If you're not feeling ready to drive, is there another mom that your kids could carpool with for a few more days? Then when you're feeling better, you could return the favor for a few days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2013, 03:36 PM

I had TAH/BSO and had to drive and so the kids school thing at 2 weeks. I was scared silly but it ended up being fine. I had a thin pillow on my abdomen and seatbelted across it.
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:16 PM

My Dr said only 1 week but I didn't feel comfortable until 2 weeks. Only short trips. Even though I had a TVH and I still put a small towel folded between body and my seatbelt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register