Hot flash? I wonder | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hot flash?  I wonder Hot flash? I wonder

Unread 01-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Hot flash? I wonder

Okay, had my LAVH on 11/18/08. I had one ovary removed, kept the left one. I haven't had any problems with hot flashes or night sweats. Had my six weeks check up, all is well and have been released. I even felt the ovary ovulate like I always have every month!!

So, I had this episode last night I am assuming is a hot flash. All of a sudden I felt just like you do when you break a fever....hot, sweaty, and kind of chilled all at the same time. So, I guess I am wondering if my ovary maybe shutting down after six weeks or maybe just can't emit enough hormones???

Guess I need to wait and see if this continues to happen. I would've expected it right after surgery...not this far out. Who knows! Our bodies are crazy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Hot flash? I wonder

I would give it some time. You are not far along post op, it's not unusual to have some fluctuations in your hormone levels. Keeping a journal during the coming months may be very helpful. I wouldn't worry too much about just one hot flash, but if they continue and get more frequent than you may want to look into what is going on.

Unread 01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Hot flash? I wonder

ooooooooooooh, yeah, sounds like one to me! I always feel like I am roasting from the inside out, LOL.

On a side note though, mine got soooooooooooooo much better when I started taking black cohosh. You might check with your doc and see if it is good for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hot flash? I wonder

faithnme,

Yep, sounds like a hot flash! Welcome. You may have had some estrogen stored away in your body and are just now starting to rely on one ovary. Maybe your body will adjust, give it time. Or it could be the sleeping ovary problem.

Best wishes.
Unread 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Hot flash? I wonder

Definitely sounds like a hot flash! If they continue, be sure to mention them to your Dr next time you see him/her. They may offer you some relief via a low dose of HRT, or perhaps suggest some natural remedies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register