Infection after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Infection after surgery Infection after surgery

Unread 02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Infection after surgery

I was diagnosed with an abscess 1 week after surgery and was hospitalized for 4 days. Then my Dr. said I had a hematoma instead, but that both are treated the same way. The abdominal pain was the most painful I have ever experienced and wanted to know if anyone else out there has experienced an infection after surgery. I am getting better now...taking it slow. I had endometriosis stage 3, hence the reason for the hyster. Was able to keep one ovary. Never had children which is sad for me but I have 2 loving pups. My furry kids. Happy Saturday to all fellow hyster sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Re: Infection after surgery

I didn't have any infections like that, thankfully. Sorry you had to go through that, but glad to hear things are finally looking up for you. I did struggle w/ pretty bad bladder spasms and a never ending yeast infections. Still battling that one, and I am almost three mths post op.
I really hope things keep getting better for you. Best wishes
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's nice to know that someone cares. I hope you as well get better real soon. Take good care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2010, 12:20 PM

I am almost four weeks post op was scheduled for chemo on thursday and was scheduled because of an infection that was unidentifiable. Tuesday of next week is one month and parts of my abdomen is sitll swollen. Is that normal and what can I do/
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:54 PM

It does take time for your muscles to return to normal after the surgery. My abdomen was swollen for about five weeks but then did begin to return to normal.
I have had multiple infections since the surgery. My doctor thinks that my immune system is very weak right now and struggling to get back to normal. I think when you have surgery, your immune system gets knocked down. I started taking probiotics and it has finally started to help. It took a long time but it is starting to help. Sending lots of hugs. Hang in there as it will get better in time.
Unread 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Sorry about your infection. I don't know how you feel about adoption, but that is an option. We adopted our youngest child, since I had infertility issues. I had endometriosis too.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register