Hubby out of town for 3 days - Scared a little | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hubby out of town for 3 days - Scared a little Hubby out of town for 3 days - Scared a little

Unread 04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Hubby out of town for 3 days - Scared a little

Hi All----
My hubby and I planned a trip to our other property in Alabama so that we could work on it (not me now LOL) and he could attend a 1 day mandatory seminar. Well my surgery was not planned but emergency and I am only 12 days post op. I am walking and have made a couple trips to Walmart (SCARY) with him. I even get up and down our 22 steps from our bedroom to the sun porch a few times a day and have hand washed a few dishes here and there. I want to go with him but I fear the 7+ hour truck ride would get the best of me. That's each way. And on top of that our house has no furniture to speak of and I can't imagine how I would get off an air mattress on the floor yet.
SO- Please someone tell me I should not go!
Hubby says NO WAY!
I have great neighbors who will be just across the street and at my door if need be.
So here is my biggest scary thing....
The house - this 5000 sq. ft. georgian built in 1890 is reputedly HAUNTED! They say that the original owner went blind and made her family promise never to alter the house. Well subsequent owners reported hearing knocking on the walls whenever they remodelled. Guess what - we are in the middle of major renovations. I have never been here at night alone yet! And to top it off we watched Steven King's Rose Red this week. I know it's silly but I would really welcome any silly stories or anything to make me laugh. I am just a hair away from packing an overnight bag and jumping (oh now that's a laugh) in the truck tomorrow when he leaves. Thanx for letting me ramble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Oh dont worry about ghosts there's no such thing! I dont recomend a seven hour trip in a truck. That sounds like major pain. It hurts to ride in a vehicle at least for me it did. I would arrange some visits from friends family and neighbors. Make sure that every thing is in reach and accessible to you before he leaves. My husband went away for a day when i was just out of the hospital, I know how hard it is is all I'll say, but the trip will be painful and forget about getting up from a bed on the floor! I couldnt get into my water bed untill the second week.
Unread 04-19-2006, 06:57 PM

We went to our cottage 6 hours away when I was 2 1/2 weeks out. It was a long trip. I brought a bed pillow plus we keep a toss pillow in the car (not truck). I used both behind my back. I was glad to get there and tired, but okay. I did nothing there except rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM

Oh, can I come to your house. I love those sorts of hauntings. What you need is the Rescue Mediums. Do you get that show in the US? Two British women and they go all over the place dealing with spirits from beyond who are lurking in homes.....sounds exciting.....
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM

I guess my major dissapointment is that there are a bunch of salvage stores on the way and I LOVE to go junking. Can't pass up a bargin. I had better stay here in the haunted house. I will probably be on line much of the evening tomorrow after dark!
Thanx everyone!
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:08 PM

Well, do you have any friends or fmaily that will stay with you? It depends on teh truck some trucks are more easy than some cars. It also depends on how bumpy the ride is and how many places have public rest rooms. My hubby is goign to his dads Sunday which is only 45 min away but he lives out in bfe...bfe is at teh end of dirt roads that are not forgiving.. I said no way but he takeas all 4 kids..hehehe.
The ghost thign depends on what you beleive, seen, and heard. I am sure you will be fien espcially if you are close to your neighbors.
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM

Avon - you are WELCOME. I'm in north Louisiana - hurry on down! Never saw the show but heard about it. We could have a seance!

Txdaisydee - truck is alittle rough and for 7 hours more like 9 with all my potty stops! My neighbors are just next door. I can see them from my bedroom window. I have my 2 cats and mini schnauzer to comfort me...and a half gallon of frozen yogurt!
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM

You've gotta watch that TV show. They talk with the spirit's and ask them to go to the light.
Not sure how long it would take for me to drive there......they may be gone by then. I'll watch for you online tomorrow to see if I can offer my help in anyway.
Wow it's so exciting to have a haunting.
Unread 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM

Ronilei,
Went on a camping trip with DH 3 weeks Post Op. 5 Hour drive each way. I was EXHAUSTED (to say the least) when we arrived at the Cabin. Stayed three days and two nights. I rested the entire time we were there while DH did all the cooking and cleaning... I loved having DH all to myself and being pampered every minute the entire time but, I really dreaded the drive back.. It took us over 7 hours (due to me having to get out and stretch/go to the restroom) was very sore and swelly belly was at it's worse...
As for the haunting, I have experienced a few paranormal events myself !!! Hang in there, although they can be a bit freaky and scary, they are harmless...
Take care of yourself,
Nina
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:21 PM

Hey there,
my son goes to college in north la, want some college guys to come keep you company?

I'm not far from you, just over the line in Texas.

Next week, my husband is going fishing in Arkansas and I'll be here just me and my daughter.

He doesn't let me do anything at all, gives me the evil eye if I even start to do anything. I guess dd wil have to help me out.

I would not do the 7 hour ride. Just rent a bunch of funny movies.

pam

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register