lclev | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-19-2006, 06:29 AM
lclev

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting to this site and am glad to be here. Have gotten alot of good info here. I am almost two weeks post surgery TAH for advanced adenomyosis and what my surgeon called massive adhesions, like someone took a bottle of glue and squirted it all through my pelvic area. UCK!. Also lost my remaining ovary and am in surgical menopause, using HRT in the form of a patch. I felt really great my first week out and probably did too much like light housework, lifting my cats but the kicker was 10 days out I had to do some heavy lifting. My husband drives tractor trailer and had to go on the road (unfortunately for 2 weeks this time) and I am alone. Some electric went out and I had to lift the heavy cellar door to go down and flip the breakers. DUMB!!! It really took it out of me. I have been on the couch for 2 days. Today I feel much better but am going to spend today on the couch too. My biggest fear is forming more adhesions and I have read that lifting can cause them so I am really kicking myself for that but can't do anything about it now except for really take it easy from here on out. All in all I am doing well. Incision has been no problem for me except for itching. My main problem has been gas, gas pain and terrible stomach cramps after eating. Taking Metamucil faithfully is helping. Good Luck to all. Glad to be a part. Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 07:19 AM
lclev

welcome, I had a TAH on the 4th for the same reason. My doctor said he had to peal my uterus off of my bladder. I was able to keep my ovaries. My main complaint at this point is no engery.

I love this site, so much support.
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:53 AM
lclev

Hi Laurie,

I'm so sorry you have had a setback. Do continue to pamper yourself, trying not to do anymore lifting until your Dr gives the ok....

My Dr told me that some people form adhesions easier than others. Everytime I have a surgery, they have had to clean up a mess of adhesions from the previous one. Your description of the "glue" sounds a lot like what my surgeon told me.

I hope the rest of your recovery is non-eventful.

S,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 07:57 AM
lclev

Hi! Sorry to hear the lifting set you back a few days. It must have been hard though with the power out and no hubby to flip the breaker. Is there someone who can come help if it happens again? A neighbor perhaps?
Take it easy and welcome to the site!
Unread 04-19-2006, 08:24 AM
lclev

Thanks for all the support, this is great. I do have someone who can come over to help out with my husband gone. Will definitely be calling them before I do anything else like lifting. Anyone else having the prolonged stomach cramps after eating? They seem to go away for a day or two but then come back, very uncomfortable. It is funny, I have found a way to sneeze without sneezing, hope this will help someone perhaps with allergies or a cold, just pinch one nostril shut and blow the sneeze out the other nostril. sounds funny but it works.

thanks for the support, Laurie
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:27 AM
lclev

I've have the stomach cramps after eating. It was worse for the first 3 weeks but it's better now and not every day. I noticed I also have them throughout the day. I call them spasms. It's as if the intestines are working the food through they system. Also I was told the intestines (small intestine) sinks down a bit to where the uterus was. According to my surgeon, they are finding a new home.
I noticed it's worse with ruffage foods like celery, romaine lettuce or raw veggies. I try to avoid those right now and cook my veggies. I think this is time to be good to your intestines. I'm staying away from spicy foods or hard to disgest foods. Beef and pork take a long time to digest. Good acidophilus yogurt along with (my favorite) pineapple slices daily is helping mine heal alot.
Good luck.
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:56 AM
lclev

Yes I have those stomach crapms after eating it is horrible. It happens with anythign I eat. I have been takin beano before i eat when i remeber and it helps alot. I have been eatin alot of yogurt.
Unread 04-20-2006, 03:35 AM
lclev

Welcome to HysterSisters lclev

Remember to call that neighbor for help when DH is away.

I too have stomach cramps after eating. I'm trying to stay away from the gassy foods. I'm using the GasX and it helps somewhat.

Take care and don't over do it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register