5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting 5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting

Unread 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Re: 5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting

fleets has a suppository that works like a bullet that is very user friendly for a loved one to administer. I did that with Miralax. I went BM on the 2nd day.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by flawless View Post
I had surgery on Friday April 11 and todate i have not have s bm. I am so uncomfortable and bloated stomach. Im having discomfort in my upper and lower stomach. Doctor had prescribe the doc q lace 100mg twice a day. I call the doctors office today and the nurse said to double up on the doc q lace and drink the marilax so im going to try and see how it works, i have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow at 10am. So i will ser how it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting

I found the pain medicAtion made me very nauseated! I stoped taking them and only use ibprofen when necrssary! I usef a double dose miralax in my orange juice and was finally able to go but my first bm hurt very bad! Felt like my colon was going to break! After that it is getting better! I do pee every 5 min as i think the cathater caused it to spaz out! Im on day four of recovery.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by RozieSings View Post
Good morning. I'm now 5 days post-op TLH with vaginal assist. I've been taking colace and senna twice a day siince I got out of surgery. Unfortunately, I still have not had a BM and the passing of gas is not happening very frequently. For the past 2 days I've been nauseated, and last night I vomited up dinner and all medicines. I contacted my surgeon this morning because I'm concerned I have an ilieus (bowel blockage) and am waiting on a call back. I'm hoping to be given an ok for bowel clearing with magnesium citrate, but we'll see.
On another note,never since the urinary catheter was removed, I've had a very difficult time starting my urine stream and bladder spasms right after peeing.
Sorry for the TMI post, but I just wanted the new post-op sisters to know that this can happen and if you suspect anything, call your doctor! As a nurse, I knew these complications could happen, but of course, I just didn't expect them to happen to me!
Unread 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Re: 5 days post hysterectomy: Still no BM, barely passing gas, and nausea/vomiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawless View Post
I had surgery on Friday April 11 and todate i have not have s bm. I am so uncomfortable and bloated stomach. Im having discomfort in my upper and lower stomach. Doctor had prescribe the doc q lace 100mg twice a day. I call the doctors office today and the nurse said to double up on the doc q lace and drink the marilax so im going to try and see how it works, i have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow at 10am. So i will ser how it works
I had some serious constipation. 5 days post-op, no BM, and barely passing any gas. It was downright painful. I had been taking both colace and sennacot stool softeners twice a day starting immediately after surgery plus high fiber diet, but for me, it did no good. I got the ok from my surgeon to clear my bowels with magnesium citrate. I had to drink the whole bottle (some people only need a couple ounces). In order for it to work well, you must drink plenty of water with it. After 6 hours of waiting, I used a fleets enema to get the last bit moving. And yes, it definitely jump started the process. After the initial BM, I felt MUCH better, but the rest of the evening and 1/2 the night I took up residence on the toilet. Still, IT WAS WORTH IT!!! I woke up feeling like a new woman! The gas pains are minimal now and things finally have room in my gut to move around.
Unread 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM

I had the same problem. I had my surgery on the 10th and hadn't passed anything and was feeling really miserable. I had been taking the miralax every night since the 11th to no avail. Finally last night I sent my husband for everything I could think of. I ate 4 prunes, drank a cup of prune juice and took a stool softener all at the same time. I don't know that I could really recommend that because I was in so much pain with all of that roiling around in my system that I almost threw up. Finally in the middle of the night things resolved themselves, but I am still quite nauseated today. Yuck! I never expected getting my bowels normalized would be the worst part of the surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register