saw the surgeon today | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

saw the surgeon today saw the surgeon today

Unread 04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
saw the surgeon today

hello ladies....i saw the surgeon this afternoon...they are scheduling me for surgery tomorrow for the beginning of next week...he said,the tunneling is deep..and because of the way my incision is cut open,that part is not open enough as it should be,so we cannot see the tunneling part while were doing my packing..he believes if he goes in there,debrides everything again,then cut my incision open bigger,then cut the skin and muscle on the top part of my stomach that covers that tunneling,that they will be able to see it better,thus be able to pack it better,and promote a faster healing rate....i asked him if there was any way they could do this as outpaitent and he said he didnt see why not,as long as he doesnt have any suprises once he gets int here.....when he first examined the inside of the tunneling,he thought i had a bowel loop????but after looking at my cat scan,he said i didnt have one..thank god..dont know what it is,but it doesnt sound nice...lol..i told him i HATE the thought of being cut on right now,as i have felt better in the last few days than i have in 3 months.....im not sure how much pain is going to be involved with this as far as them cutting the skin and things the way they are,but i pray it wont be much.....i will post tomorrow after the office calls me back,and let you all know the exact day..thank-you all so much for the prayers...oh yea,he is also keeping me on my antibiotic as when he pulled my packing out,it was covered in green(tmi,,sorry)..anyway,this is the update inm y soap opra of a recovery....i think i should write a book..lol...sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
saw the surgeon today

my goodness Soniek... please let this be the last surgery for you!! I admire your continuous positive atitude and wish you the very best...
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
saw the surgeon today

my god what an ordeal, best of luck with this and hopefully it will be over with soon. you have such a great attitude about it all. i love it. you are one strong woman. take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 08:31 PM
saw the surgeon today

darling sonie--please know that we are all sending you our prayers and thoughts and do let us know the date and time of your surgery. I am a Reiki healer and will send you a long distance healing during surgery if you would like. Hope this finally resolves it and you can rest and recover happily.
Unread 04-17-2006, 08:37 PM
saw the surgeon today

one thing i have learned through this whole ordeal is,if i dont keep keeping on,i feel i could very well go into a bad deep depression,and my kids and hubby sure dont need that...and to be honest,none else helps us at all,so i feel very bad for my hubby,so im doing everything i can to try to help take the load off of him..ya know,i honestly thought my mom would help us at least a little,i havent really asked,but she tells us everyday how she has no idea how we do it,or tells us how bad we need a break and to just"get away" for a few days,but never ever has she come to help...after my first surgery,she stayed with the kids the whole time i was in the hospital,and for 2 days when i came home,and that was it,not one drop of help since.....sorry,i got off topic,and went on a rant.....anyway...the 2 things im most worried about with this surgery is..of course the pain factor,i have a extreamly low pain tolerance,and the removal of my skin and muscle to that part of my incision,and leaving a larger wole to be packed doesnt sound nice to me..but also,i am wondering how hard this is going to be on my body,as far as anestheic i mean..having to have been put to sleep 3 times in 3 months,and 2 of those times within a months from each other...is that bad on your body?or will my body just be so use to it,that i will be able to bounce back sooner??i really wish they could be able to close me back up-but both my doc,and the surgeon said no way..they said as long as my incision has been open,and as much bacteria has been in there,its a breeding ground for infection,and if they close me back up-i could very well have worse infection than i do now,and i soooo dont want that...so,i continue to be packed...yippie..not...lol....sonie
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
saw the surgeon today

I'm praying that this will be the final step for your full recovery.
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:18 PM
saw the surgeon today

helllo again soniek-- Don't worry about the anesthesia. It will take awhile for your system to clear it but you will be o.k. My mom who is 74 went in for a knee replacement and then fell out of her bed and had to have 3 surgeries in one months time to fix it. She was groggier each time in recovery but was fine afterward and you are so much younger than she is! Just be sure to drink lots of water before and after to cleanse your system and eat as healthily as you can. Another tip: after all of that antibiotic you will need to replace your good bacteria to keep you in balance--take some probiotics or eat some good yogurt with active cultures. What would your mom say if you told her you really needed her help for awhile?
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:29 PM
saw the surgeon today

Sonie,
I'm sorry you're still having to deal with all this. I hope this is the final procedure you have to go thru and
Although I can't be there to help, I will continue to keep you in my daily prayers.
Hugs to you and your family,
Nina
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM
saw the surgeon today

hey jluna..forst off,the healing sent my way would be so wonderful,and so much appriciated..as far as my mom..she has come to a very funky stage in her life,where,i dunno how to explain it..she tries to act much much younger than she,she wants to be around all of her single friends instead of my father,and she honestly says she never has time for the family,ect...ive invited her over,offered to cook meals,even asked her over for coffee when the kids are at school,she is always busy with her friends...as far as would she do it if i told her i really needed her...honestly,i really dont think she would..she use to be a wonderful wife,grandmother..then it just changed..i miss my old mom..my daddy did tell me the 2 week in june if i want him to,he will come here and stay with the kids for 3 days and let us go away for our 3 year anniversary of being together!!!wooohoo for my dad..lol..your poor mother..how is she doing now??i hope much better....talk to you soon,and thank you so much for listening to me ramble on..i dont know what i would do without you ladies,your all wonderful..sonie
Unread 04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
saw the surgeon today

Hi Soniek, You really could write a book. Even though you are worried about the surgery, at least the doctors you have now seem to be on top of things and doing the best they can for you. Sorry your mom is not there for you. I know how family members can get to you, especially when you are not having an easy time and need all the support you can get.
Hoping that your surgery goes well and that the pain is as little as possible!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register