14 days lsh and still can't sleep WHY? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 days lsh and still can't sleep WHY? 14 days lsh and still can't sleep WHY?

Unread 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
14 days lsh and still can't sleep WHY?

I read that everyone is having trouble sleeping? My question is why? They last few days I haven't even been able to nap even though I'm exhausted. I've been taking Lunesta but got desperate tonight and took one of my husbands tamazipan which is a really strong sleeping pill and guess what I'm still awake an hour later. I just can't shut my mind off, we are really short of money, terribly and I just can't stop thinking. I need help. He doesn't seem to understand and I don't know how to communicate that for some reason this not sleeping thing is normal, from what I'm reading. I wish he would get on here and see what all my sisters are saying about this type of surgery. I have to go back to work next Tues and I don't have a clue how I'm going to manage that. I have to wear a uniforma and gun belt, I'm in law enforcement. I can't afford to take anymore time off but I'm scared to go back to work. Just don't know what to do. Feel like I'm at my wits end and getting ready for another panic attack like I had Sat. Please give me some advise and help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Would it be possible to get desk duty for a few weeks? You might talk to your supervisor and see if they can help with that.

I, too, am concerned about going back to work. I had planned to go back after 2 weeks, but I have put it off for 2 more. It is only part-time, but I still worry. The worst thing is I have my bi-annual eval the 2nd week back. I am so afraid I will not be up to my usual. I will not have even gone back for my 6 weeks check up.

Take care and call your supervisor to see if they can help you with ideas.

pam
Unread 04-19-2006, 11:00 PM

The insomnia is usually a result of hormonal issues. It can take some time for those things to settle down. Plus with the additional stress you are feeling it's sort of a double whammy. I think the first thing that I would do is discuss ALL of your symptoms and concerns with your Dr. ASAP and talk to your supervisor about taking on lighter duty assignments for a few weeks. You are still very early in your recovery and you do need to take things as easy as possible yet to heal properly. Also,maybe you should print out some of the info. from here for your husband to read so that he can maybe get some insight into how things work with this surgery. I think it's hard for someone who hasn't been through these things themselves to fully understand all that this procedure and recovery entails when we don't have the same anatomical structures.

Best wishes to you with everything and I sure hope things get better for you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register