TAH/BSO at 31 years old (endo patient) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO at 31 years old (endo patient) TAH/BSO at 31 years old (endo patient)

Unread 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
TAH/BSO at 31 years old (endo patient)

Hello Ladies!

Love this site. Have been reading all your stories to prepare for my trip to the castle on October 6th. I have had 2 laps...one at 19 and one 2 years ago. Have been on Lupron 3 times and every other miracle pills both prescribed and natural, etc. I have never found real relief from the endometriosis.

My decision to go thru with the surgery has been a difficult one. I am a Surgical Tech and sometimes I think knowing exactly what they are going to be doing is a stressful and TMI!!! I am worried about some pretty silly things like being intubated and the stupid catheter. And there are all the other parts of that day and the weeks after to stress about.

I am currently on the first day of my last period ever and it is a very painful reminder to me that I am doing the right thing. I am tired of the stabbing pain, the painful BM's, and the painful sex. I have also been having very painful urination for the past few months. I sure someone on this site can relate. Most days I feel like someone is stabbing me right up my butt and there isn't too much I can do about it but double over and do lamaz (sp?) type breathing until it passes.

I have my last pre-op Dr's appt on the Friday before. Anyone out there able to take HRT after having a TAH w BSO for endo? I keep reading conflicting reports on whether or not hormones are my enemy or can be my friend after the equipment is removed.

Any advice from you ladies would be much appreciated. I am at times so calm it's scary and other times I am like a manic, crazy person obsessed with this whole ordeal! I hope I am back on here in a few weeks saying that this is the best thig I have ever done!

Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 01:30 PM

I was 31 when I had my hyster last year. I take HRT and I had endo..not a severe case like some other ladies on here, but bad enough to require several laps to remove it. A lot of the the sisters on here are pretty adament about no HRT if you had endo but after talking with my doctor, about my situation, I made the decision to go on it. I am much too young for menapause, and my doctor stressed the fact that it's changes in hormone levels that cause endo growth. I take 1mg a day and have had no problems with re-growth.
Clearly, this is a decision that each person should make for themselves with the help of their physician. Each case is different.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 09-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Wow!!! I have those shooting butt pains too!!! HORRIBLE! My contractions when I had my son werent as bad as those....

I a still preop but, I am "planning" on taking HRT since I am only 30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Hi Liz,
Well, I'm older than you, but I started on 1 mg estradiol about a week after my TAH/BSO. I am doing well on that amount. I am concerned about taking it too long, however, as I have family history of breast cancer. So I am taking this all with caution and watchfulness.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register