LAVH Estrogen therapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estrogen therapy Estrogen therapy

Unread 02-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Estrogen therapy

Called my doctor today because of the hormones going wacko. I have been really sad and angry recently. Also I have been having mild hot flashes during the day and woke up sweating my butt off this morning. Even though the hot flashes are bearable the mood swings definitely are not. So the NP calks me back after me leaving a message, and says she will call in a prescription for an estrogen patch for me. My insurance will only approve one type of patch. I'm not sure what it is yet. I know I change it twice a week and alternate between my lower abdomen and the small of my back. It will be ready for pick up tomorrow so I'll find out what type of patch it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Estrogen therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriaC87 View Post
Called my doctor today because of the hormones going wacko. I have been really sad and angry recently. Also I have been having mild hot flashes during the day and woke up sweating my butt off this morning. Even though the hot flashes are bearable the mood swings definitely are not. So the NP calks me back after me leaving a message, and says she will call in a prescription for an estrogen patch for me. My insurance will only approve one type of patch. I'm not sure what it is yet. I know I change it twice a week and alternate between my lower abdomen and the small of my back. It will be ready for pick up tomorrow so I'll find out what type of patch it is
Sounds good!! I'm six weeks out and trying the patch. Getting right dose can be some trial and error!! Hoping it goes really well for you
Unread 02-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Re: Estrogen therapy

Just so you know, we generally absorb 20% more estrogen when the patch in on our backsides than on our abdomens. That means that if you go from abdomen to backside, you will have a 20% fluctuation every time you switch. For the majority of us, fluctuations are not good things. They can cause the same symptoms as low estrogen. It is good to pick a side, back or front, and stick to it. When I used the patch, I kept in on my backside and just went side to side. When I tried it on the abdomen, I really missed that 20%. Just thought I would clue you in. Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2015, 05:56 AM
Estrogen therapy

Maybe I'll get lucky and get it on the first try lol.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
Sounds good!! I'm six weeks out and trying the patch. Getting right dose can be some trial and error!! Hoping it goes really well for you
Unread 02-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Re: Estrogen therapy

I just had my surgery on Monday and my doctor put a patch on me before I even left surgery. She called in Estradiol patch for me, which you change twice a week. I started on it on Wednesday. So far I haven't had any mood swings or hot flashes. It's a very small patch and not problems so far with it staying on after showering or anything. My doctor said whichever place I pick, abdomen or backside, to stick with that, and just change sides each time I change patches.

I hope the patch works for you and the dosage you start with is exactly what you need!
Unread 02-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Estrogen therapy

The patch is called Vivelle Dot .1mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGordon View Post
I just had my surgery on Monday and my doctor put a patch on me before I even left surgery. She called in Estradiol patch for me, which you change twice a week. I started on it on Wednesday. So far I haven't had any mood swings or hot flashes. It's a very small patch and not problems so far with it staying on after showering or anything. My doctor said whichever place I pick, abdomen or backside, to stick with that, and just change sides each time I change patches.

I hope the patch works for you and the dosage you start with is exactly what you need!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register