TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious

Unread 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious

Well, my countdown period has begun. I've completed all my Pre-Op appointments, and will have my TAH on May 9. I'm definitely mad at myself for not taking some "me" time before the surgery. I'm working up through the day before, and have my last weekend booked solid. There's so much to do, but I've finally come to the realization that I won't get everything done.

Now, I'm just anxious. I feel like I'm forgetting something. For anyone else who may be scheduling surgery, I definitely recommend taking a day or two off... just for you.

It's been SOME week. I'm extremely stressed, and just ready to get this over with. Is this normal? I was fine until yesterday, then the nerves began to dance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Re: TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious

Nehemiah - yes, all these emotions that you are going through is completely normal. Your emotions may even intensify as the date gets closer. And, if you are like me you may have a freakout day or two.

There seems to be so much to get done, but don't worry about what you don't get done. It is not important. What is important is you healing during recovery.

We are here to support you. We will help you through this.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 05-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Nehemiah-I know exactly what youre going thru. My TAH is Monday and Im scared, well, I wouldnt say scared as much as worried. When my Dr told me that I needed to have this done, I was in shock, and I still am to be honest.

Ive tried to get everything done around here that I could possibly do but no matter how hard I try, it never stays that way (3DC...lol)

When I first found out, all I did was cry (when no one was looking) and ask "Why me?", but since Ive found this site, Ive been able to calm myself. Im now anxious to get it over with, but also a little concerned about the recovery as DH will be leaving just a few short days after I get home.

Im sending warm, great well wishes to you and will be thinking about you on the 9th =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 10:57 PM

Hello Nehemiah!

I am 2 1/2 weeks post my surgery and I'm getting better everyday! Just know that the nervousness that you are feeling is perfectly normal. It seemed like everything was piling up on me as well. Everything will be fine and I wish you could take a day or two before your surgery. I was able to take a half day but it was enough...I think!!! LOL GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:40 AM

Hi Nehemiah!

I am having a TAH on May 7th..I too am a bag of nerves..I have been blessed to have had some great replies to my fears from some of the Sister here..I was scared to death about surgrey..about how things are going to get done but believe it or not I am finding some peace about it all..Like the Sister here told me..think about how you will feel after surgery..
Everyone has told me they feel so much better and how they have more energy now then they have had in years..Just make things as comfortable for you and your recovery..Relize everything will still be there when you are back on your feet..and you will be stronger then ever to take it all on..lol
When it's all said and done take a weekend to celebrate what you have been thru and what a strong women you are..
Just think to be pain free..to be able to wear what we want..when we want..We are going to feel like a teenagers again...lol
I will be thinking of you and those Sisters joining us in our fight!
My prayer are with you!!
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:45 AM
TAH May 9 and Getting Anxious

Dearest.Nehemiah.
Im also schedule for the 9,also completely understand how u feel my main concern are my girls, But with gods blessing and family support u see all will b ok....
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:51 AM

I'm scheduled for the 8th and heading out hte door in a fe minutes for my pre-op appointment. I too have been going fast, but my body is telling me to slow down, as I've had increased pain and am really drowsy these days. I didn't think I was anxious, but my body is telling me that maybe I am, and to take the time to slow down. I did have a breakdown yesterday with the hubby about how I'm worried about getting everything done before I go in and how his parents (our visiting helpers) are going to be able to take care of me (neither of them are "homemakers" or cooks).... I think that was stress and nervousness coming out.

I think the next 4 days are going to drag. I just want to get in there and get this done, so I can start the recovery.

Sam
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:56 AM

Thank you all so much!!!

The support here is phenomenal. I am feeling better about the surgery. I don't have everything done, but I'm calming down a bit. I just can't do it all.

All in all, I'm ready to get it over with, at this point.

I really do appreciate this group. You certainly make me feel "normal" when others don't understand. LOL!

Bless you all, and thanks again for the ongoing encouragement.
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Nehemiah- I with you on the 9th as well. I gave been running around like crazy trying to get things done, but like a sister mentioned- my body does not like it. I know I am starting to get anxious bc my stomach & bowels have been all crazy these last couple days. I think its also bc I am putting so much on my shoulders that "needs" to get done. What I really should be focusing on now is putting things in more accessible places- xtra toilet paper, the food for our kitties, food & drinks for me, magazines to read, & extension cords for cell and (soon to receive from a friend) laptop to charge with.
I too would like to fast-forward a week. Recovery would be started, & no more stress abt what "has" to get done bc it cant then (at least not by us) .
Best wishes to you. Im sure I will see you "on the other side".
Unread 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM

I had my surgery the 9had lots of pain after, my family has been great support im just a bit worry kuz i have lots of gaspain very bad, is this normal or should i call my doctor... Please help me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register