TAH Does anyone else feel this way? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone else feel this way?

Unread 02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Does anyone else feel this way?

Im 3 months post TAH. Does anyone else feel like its just one thing after another? After getting used to the everyday pain of carrying around a fibroid twice the size of its uterus plus cervical dysplasia one step away from cancer, i agreed to endure two major surgeries within one month of each other thinking it would resolve my pain issues. Now a vaginal cuff hematoma that i have been fighting for two months already. Does anyone else feel like they have just traded one pain for another? Is this another pain that i will just learn to live with and become used to enduring day to day? Before htsterectomy i was an emotional person, does anyone else feel like a crazy person with the emotions now worse than ever? I kept my perfectly functioning ovaries with the assumption that my body will self regulate without having to take a daily hormone. But still i am taking pain pills everyday and terrified of not taking them. Does anyone else fear life without pain pills? I still cannot have pleasurable intercourse but have painful unassisted orgasms in my sleep! Does anyone else feel like just giving up because the effort continues to go unjustified? Am i the only one who feels this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

No, I never felt that way. I can understand how you are feeling,going thru all that only to still have pain ! I had my TAH 2 weeks before you ,and I am feeling fine,not pain pills at all. You have been thru a lot with 3 major surgeries so close together,give yourself time to catch up with yourself.

Chris
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:27 PM

You need to talk to your doctor now. Hormones being out of balance can cause you to think that way. I know this from personal experience. One of my family members chose not to get help after her hysterectomy (her hormones were unbalanced) and our family is living with the permanent consequences of her decision. Please get help asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
You need to talk to your doctor now. Hormones being out of balance can cause you to think that way. I know this from personal experience. One of my family members chose not to get help after her hysterectomy (her hormones were unbalanced) and our family is living with the permanent consequences of her decision. Please get help asap.
My Dr has said he will wait until i am 6 months post op to do blood tests. You are confirming my suspicions that it is not normal or healthy to feel the way i am feeling. I have thought about going to a GP about all this but something has me stalling- fear and doubt possibly.
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammax3 View Post
No, I never felt that way. I can understand how you are feeling,going thru all that only to still have pain ! I had my TAH 2 weeks before you ,and I am feeling fine,not pain pills at all. You have been thru a lot with 3 major surgeries so close together,give yourself time to catch up with yourself.

Chris
Time is what i am being told by everyone and quite honestly im out of patience for myself. Im sick of waiting to feel better or at least good for once. What other options do i have tho- i feel like i have exhausted all my efforts.
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Go see your GP. Many doctors put their patients on temporary HRT when they are feeling the way you are because sometimes, ovaries don't function properly after a hysterectomy. The blood supply to them is often interrupted and it takes time for that to correct itself unless you are one of the ladies who has their blood supply completely cut off. Doctors cannot tell how you are "wired" during surgery. The following is a detailed explanation.

This diagram explains how the blood supply to the uterus and ovaries can differ for various women. According to the info in the diagram, 56% of women have their ovaries get their blood supply from both the uterine and ovarian arteries. 40% of women have the blood supply come from the ovarian artery only and 4% get the blood supply to their ovary from the uterine artery only.

During surgery, the uterine artery is cut so you can see how the blood supply gets disrupted. For the 4% that have only the uterine artery providing the blood supply, it would logically seem that if that blood supply gets cut off, then the ovary would stop functioning. And for the other 56%, it would take time for the ovary to get used to have only part of its blood supply. I would assume that the 40% would be the ones feeling the least of the effects.

I am not a doctor but I think that my assumptions make sense when one views the diagram. I hope this helps.
Unread 02-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Always trust what your body is saying. It's clear by your post that you feel something is off and it's very easy to fall into this sense of weirdness that the doctors/hospital owns your body. I had a TAH with removal of both ovaries, they found cancer of my appendix which spread to my ovaries, then a week later I had another surgery to fix a ruptured abscess. I spent ten days in the hospital attached to a wound vac for the open wound on my stomach and just got the vac off about two weeks ago. My point is, for so long I felt my body wasn't mine. Every single pinch, ache, pressure convinced me something was horribly wrong. I called the doctors and nurses until I felt better. That's what they're there for. And if you don't get the results you want, find another doctor! It's your body, your life. You deserve to live it with positive affirmations and no fear that something else is going to happen to you! Definitely seek help, emotional and physical, so you can regain control of your life. Tell yourself that you are strong, and healthy, and you're not allowing anymore sickness into your life! You can do this and we're all here to help!!
Unread 02-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larell View Post
Always trust what your body is saying. It's clear by your post that you feel something is off and it's very easy to fall into this sense of weirdness that the doctors/hospital owns your body. I had a TAH with removal of both ovaries, they found cancer of my appendix which spread to my ovaries, then a week later I had another surgery to fix a ruptured abscess. I spent ten days in the hospital attached to a wound vac for the open wound on my stomach and just got the vac off about two weeks ago. My point is, for so long I felt my body wasn't mine. Every single pinch, ache, pressure convinced me something was horribly wrong. I called the doctors and nurses until I felt better. That's what they're there for. And if you don't get the results you want, find another doctor! It's your body, your life. You deserve to live it with positive affirmations and no fear that something else is going to happen to you! Definitely seek help, emotional and physical, so you can regain control of your life. Tell yourself that you are strong, and healthy, and you're not allowing anymore sickness into your life! You can do this and we're all here to help!!
The problem is i love my Dr. I dont want to start over with someone new, i just went through that with my dentist. Guess its time to make an appt with my GP to figure out whats next to cross off of my problems list, or try at least.
Unread 02-02-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Go see your GP. Many doctors put their patients on temporary HRT when they are feeling the way you are because sometimes, ovaries don't function properly after a hysterectomy. The blood supply to them is often interrupted and it takes time for that to correct itself unless you are one of the ladies who has their blood supply completely cut off. Doctors cannot tell how you are "wired" during surgery. The following is a detailed explanation.

This diagram explains how the blood supply to the uterus and ovaries can differ for various women. According to the info in the diagram, 56% of women have their ovaries get their blood supply from both the uterine and ovarian arteries. 40% of women have the blood supply come from the ovarian artery only and 4% get the blood supply to their ovary from the uterine artery only.

During surgery, the uterine artery is cut so you can see how the blood supply gets disrupted. For the 4% that have only the uterine artery providing the blood supply, it would logically seem that if that blood supply gets cut off, then the ovary would stop functioning. And for the other 56%, it would take time for the ovary to get used to have only part of its blood supply. I would assume that the 40% would be the ones feeling the least of the effects.

I am not a doctor but I think that my assumptions make sense when one views the diagram. I hope this helps.
And here i was thinking that my ovaries had to be fully functioning because of my emotions being what they are now. Looks like i may have this all wrong.
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:50 PM

I have an appointment with a general practitioner and i expect they will want blood tests to check hormones. I also made an appointment with urologist. I was hopeful that getting rid of the fibroid and painful periods would also solve my bladder pain but it hasnt so i made a urologist appointment also. But i dont know what to expect from the urologist. Anyone know what i should expect????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register