Thursday is the Day one small ? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thursday is the Day one small ? Thursday is the Day one small ?

Unread 12-19-2001, 01:14 PM
Thank You All

Thank you all so much for your posts. I do not know what I would have done without everyone on this site for the last four weeks.Well, I'm too nervous to eat so that solves my soft diet question.Actually I've been throwing up and dry heaving.Tums are not working.The doctor said not to mess with a stool softener and not to worry they will take good care of me at the hospital.That's eaiser said than done at the moment.

I had a surgery on my feet when I was 10 and although I did not feel anything I remember the conversation the nurses were having to this day.Then when I had my wisdom teeth out I remember opening my eyes and thinking OMG he is hammering in my mouth even though I did not feel it I was kind of freaked.Do they tape your eyes shut for this type of surgery? I hope that does not happen again.

I've got two boxes of nurse bribes packed and ready to go.Thank you again for your encouraging posts. I'll check back in after the surgery. Unless I ask 20 more questions in the next 8 hours.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 01:27 PM
Thursday is the Day one small ?

I assume you are throwing up out of nervousness?

NO ONE could have been more nervous than I was when I went into the hospital. I had so many people praying for me, and it was as if something supernatural occurred (and it did--thank You, God!). I did NOT feel nervous after I got situated in my room. My surgery was delayed and I did SO well! I was all alone, and it actually was a GOOD time.

If you are having a general anesthetic, you won't have to worry about your eyes being taped.

I asked for Versed beforehand (when my IV was inserted). Since I get dizzy and weird over everything, it was strange for me to ASK for Versed. It worked SO WELL! I didn't care WHAT they did to me. They wheeled me into the operating room and I hopped to the table (I remember that--I enjoyed it!). Next thing I knew, I was back in my room. My doctor said I kept telling her how great everything was!!

REALLY--the WAITING IS THE WORST! If I only had believed what my hyster sisters had told me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register