Uterus prolapse? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterus prolapse? Uterus prolapse?

Unread 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Uterus prolapse?

Hi everyone. I've been reading on these boards a little bit about the women who have had uterine prolapse. I have recently started to experience the same type of symptoms (feels like something's falling out, or actually more like a tampon isn't quite pass the comfort zone). The only thing that confuses me is that it is not all the time. It seems to come and go, sometimes I don't feel anything for days, then it will bother me for a few days. That makes me wonder if it's something different. I would think if the uterus is prolapsed, that I would feel it all the time. Does anyone who has experienced a prolapse know if it's possible for it to come and go like that?

Thanks for any info.

Joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Uterus prolapse?

Hi Joey,

I didn't have a prolapse, so I don't have an answer for you. Has your doctor mentioned anything about a prolapse? Hopefully, someone who's been there, done that will come along soon.

I hope your have a smooth surgery and recovery!

s, Deb
Unread 06-04-2007, 08:34 PM
jiojo28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo28
Hi everyone. I've been reading on these boards a little bit about the women who have had uterine prolapse. I have recently started to experience the same type of symptoms (feels like something's falling out, or actually more like a tampon isn't quite pass the comfort zone). The only thing that confuses me is that it is not all the time. It seems to come and go, sometimes I don't feel anything for days, then it will bother me for a few days. That makes me wonder if it's something different. I would think if the uterus is prolapsed, that I would feel it all the time. Does anyone who has experienced a prolapse know if it's possible for it to come and go like that?

Thanks for any info.

Joey
i am 53 young, my uterus coming out like yours was why i had mine. i try different things on my own and nothing really worked. i walk a whole lot every day, very active, that s when it started to come out. when i got my period it really came out. i tried ther pessary and it would not stay in, plus i had rectocele and fibroids. it just drove me crazy when it would come out. it was so worth it, even after i look at the med. bills. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Uterus prolapse?

I had a 3rd degree prolapse. I found at times my husband and I had problems with with penetration depth because of the prolapse and sometimes significant pain. Other times, it was not much of a problem. My understanding was that it was someone positional depending on how much I stood, squatted, sat or layed down. The more I was upright, the more it bothered me. The doctor on pre-op exam told me that once I was under anesthesia, and the muscles were relaxed, he could pull the uterus down very easily.

I do feel much better now that it is out! I hope all goes well for you!
Unread 06-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Uterus prolapse?

It sounds like what happened to me. I had the symtoms for two years but never did say something is falling out to the doc. When I did he finally realized what it was. I have gotten worse over time now my back hurts can't walk a lot because of pressure down there. Overall just feel lousy. I go this morning for surgery will keep you updated if it was worth it or not.
Unread 06-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Uterus prolapse?

When I first noticed my symptoms, it was more pronounced just prior to my period. Time & gravity are the enemies!!

Keep asking questions.... I hope you are feeling better soon
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Uterus prolapse?

While doing my research I learned that cervix goes through physical changes through out the month just like everything else. Just prior to, during, and then just after your period it becomes firmer so that the menstrual blood can pass. I had know idea. At first I thought there had been some improvement and then sure enough, the out of place tampon feeling returned.

althea22
Unread 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Uterus prolapse?

Thanks to all of you who responded. My doctor has never mentioned that she suspects a prolapse. I am scheduled for hysterectomy for Fibroid problems. Once these prolapse symptoms started, it made me wonder if I wasn't also dealing with that. From what I'm hearing from you guys is that the symptoms can be worse some days and then nothing for a few days (just like I'm esperiencing). I will talk to my doctor, of course, but I'm so happy to be able to bounce it off the sisters first. It makes me feel like I won't sound stupid bringing it up since I know others experienced similar things.

Does anyone know if a prolapse would show up during an ultrasound or sonogram? I had both, and she didn't mention seeing anything, but maybe when we are laying down, it might lay back into place and not look 'prolapsed'. Anyone know?

You guys have been so great!
Unread 06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Uterus prolapse?

My doctor didn't mention anything about prolapse until he did my D & C. When he dilated me the cervix was right there. I had a full pelvic sonogram prior to the D & C but I don't think that where the uterus is is reflected in the sonogram.

Best of luck to you and jot down your questions for the doctor as you think of them. I went in with a list and was glad I did.

althea22
Unread 06-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Uterus prolapse?

Thanks Althea22. My list of questions is getting so long, I will need two appointments!! Like you though, I think it's better to have the list so I can have the answers I need. Thanks again.

Joey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register