Back in the saddle again :-) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back in the saddle again  :-) Back in the saddle again :-)

Unread 04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Back in the saddle again :-)

Oh yes, I love 6 week checkups.
Had mine yesterday and I was so excited after she told me all was good to go that I forgot to ask her any of my questions. LOL!
I can't believe I forgot to ask her any of my questions. The only thing I found out is that things are healed up there and she only saw one stitch still up there. Yippee! I never saw any of them fall out so I guess they just disappeared. Then she gave me the great news of I'm cleared for "recreational activities". DH had the morning off since he had a dentist appointment so I raced home and got 'back in the saddle again' so to speak. She told me to be very careful. Thats hard to do when you haven't had sex in 6 weeks. But we were a good boy and girl. I was so nervous though. Totally paranoid we'd hurt something. But it was so wonderful not hurting, not bleeding, not stressing too much about anything. Wasn't the experience I was hoping for but I think that will come with time...and practice. I did realize that I won't be able to use the excuse of I'm on my period if theres a time I'm not in the mood. Utoh. But I'm definately not gonna go back to having that again.
I love not having a period. I told doc yesterday that if I had known how wonderful I'd physically feel after all this I would've done it years ago. So I don't have to see her again until February for my yearly. She said I have to have a yearly done each year for the next 3 years and then if all is well I can have a pap done every other year. BUT that since I kept my ovaries I have to have a pelvic exam each year so they can try to catch ovarian cancer if it were to rear its ugly head. Thats my fear right now since those little guys are still in there.
So all in all, things are wonderful! I'm back to my old self again...sorta. I'm now able to be intimate with the hubby which is the most wonderful thing of all. It was very hard laying next to that sexy man every night and having to behave. Yes he's tall, dark, handsome and Italian.
Oh am I a happy camper today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 12:42 PM

That is so awesome ! I am so happy that everything is going well. I cant wait til I get to that stage!

Hugs,
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:20 PM

congrats! Glad you had fun!!! I think it will be like a second honeymoon--I can't wait!

tum-e-trouble

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register