LSH Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot 11 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot 11 days post hysterectomy Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot 11 days post hysterectomy

Unread 12-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot 11 days post hysterectomy

Hello Ladies, I just want to give you all an update on my Post op Hysterectomy.....I had my laproscopic Hysterectomy on November 29, 2016. recovering very well up walking do normal everyday things but not lifting anything over 5 lbs.... i am almost 2 weeks post op today and yesterday i started to get a severe sharp pain in my right shoulder and down my right side of my rib cage ....i sucked it up and took my pain meds because i though maybe i was just over doing my daily activities...but as the pain did not reside i was starting to worry.... when i walked around the pain was about a 2-3 but when i laid down it was a 9-10 could not breath a normal breath it felt like someone was stabbing me in my side hurt worse than my hysterectomy ....so i called my OBGYN and told him what was going on and he told me just to rule out a blood clot he wanted to meet me at the hospital. During my ER visit the did blood work, X-Ray and a CT Scan ..Then the results came i had a bunch of tiny blood clots in my lower part of my right lung. So now i am stuck back in the hospital getting blood thinner injections for the night and pain pills.... I will talk with the Dr tomorrow on what type of blood thinner i would want to continue at home when they release me in 1-2 days ...and i will have to stay on the blood thinner for 6 months to a year ....so my advice to you all is if your having any kind of pain call your Dr and go to the ER ...Dont try to be the tough girl and take the pain ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Re: Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot

That is excellent advice...so glad you got the help you needed. Best wishes with the remainder of your recovery. I too had to visit the ER due to a post op pain level of 8-10 and a low grade fear. It turned out that I was developing an infection, that we caught very early, but it did land me back in the hospital for 4 days.
Unread 12-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Re: Recovering great then Bam Blood Clot 11 days post hysterectomy

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register