New question.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New question.... New question....

Unread 08-04-2003, 10:34 PM
New question....

Well..it's a new question for me. After the surgery will there be any kind of vaginal discharge or bleeding vaginally? I have no idea what to expect with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
New question....

lovinstitch:

Hi there, after reading a lot of posts about this subject my experience seems pretty normal but not all ladies get a discharge, I was bleeding in the hospital on the first day then it changed to a light brown discharge and I still have it at 3 weeks post-op. Most of the time I only need a panty liner but if I am going to be away from home I wear a full size pad, some habits are hard to break but I am really looking forward breaking it.

Hope this helps
Jodi
Unread 08-05-2003, 12:56 AM
New question....

I lost nothing in hospital
Then a 2 weeks had small brown loss few times aday and since then maybe once a day a pink tinge on wiping after going to toilet which has continued and am now 4 weeks
I also every few days have a clear fluidy loss once or twice a day. It doesnt appear or feel like urine.
I only need panty liners during the day- which I,m sick of and looking forward to throwing away- hopefully- !! as I wonder if the clear fluid loss maybe virginal and to do with ovulation which will still occur.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2003, 01:04 AM
New question....

I had some discharge (blood) the first day I was out of bed (day after surgery) - but after that nothing. I am now 3.5 weeks post op. I am expecting a bit of something in the next week or so when the internal vaginal stitches dissolve.
Unread 08-05-2003, 06:09 AM
discharge

I am 9 weeks post-op and feeling fantastic--having to be careful not to do things like move heavy furniture around in my 1st grade classroom---I start to push or pull , then think--"Hello----don't do this!!"

I had a little vaginal bleeding in the hospital--a little brownish discharge the first day home (4th day post-op), then nothing after that.

EXCEPT---and this is why I replied---the first time DH and I were "intimate" at 6 weeks, after the Dr.'s OK--I had a little bleeding afterwards---I was surprised because we were naturally careful--I found a stitch on the tissue, but called Dr. anyway---his nurse said if bleeding continued to call back---it didn't and no bleeding since.

Take care--walk--drink water and rest!! (I'm back to my 3 miles a day, and have developed the good habit of drinking those 8 glasses of water a day---now the "rest"--well---school is about to begin again--so no rest for the weary---I do feel a little more fatigued when I get home from before school preparations than last year--so try to stretch out for 30 min and feel ready for the evening!)

This has been the best thing I ever did for myself!!! and this site has been a God send!!! Good Luck!
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:20 AM
New question....

Hi-
I had just a bit of discharge at the castle in the first 2 days, then nothing ever after that. I kept a pantyliner on for the first week, just in case. And I still can't get over the lifelong habit of chacking the toilet paper for blood when I use the bathroom. Too many years of accidents, I suppose!

Best Wishes to you fellow WA Hyster Sister!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register