LAVH Bumps in the recovery road - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bumps in the recovery road Bumps in the recovery road

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Re: Bumps in the recovery road

I am 18 mos post-op and am recovering from my 5th surgery due to complications from hysterectomy.....if I could do it all over again, I would NEVER have this surgery. I would rather suffer from problems I had before the surgery, then suffer the way I have these past 18 mos......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM

I have a softball sized hematoma on top of my cuff too! How long did it take yours to dissolve? I am thankful for my hematoma. It kept my small intestine from falling through my vagina when my cuff sutures came undone. Today, I am 4 weeks post op from DVH and 11 days post op from cuff repair.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM

I had my hysterectomy 3 1/2 yrs ago. I'm interested to know if anyone on here had bouts of bacterial vaginitis prior to having surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Bumps in the recovery road

Had mine on May 6. Started as lapro/vaginal but ended as full abdominal due to size of uterus. Everything taken including cervix, ovaries and tubes. No cancer. I try to remind myself that I am only 2 weeks out but it is frustrating to micro lunch and be exhausted!

My Dr told me I had to be off work a minimum of 8 weeks so at least I knew a head of time that recovery would be long and slow.

Went to a dinner meeting last night and pain became unbearable. Had to leave. Needed to take vicodin to get thru night!

Keep your chin up. Everyone tells me it will get easier as the time passes.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:57 PM

Yes it does get as the time passes. I am now 6-weeks out and feel much much better than I have in years. Went back to work yesterday. I still get tired quickly but I know that will improve with time also. I think the bumps are there to slow you down when you are doing too much! So listen to you body. Rest when you have to. Take it easy when you have to.
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM

It even gets better from the 6 week point. I will be at 6 months post on Monday and remember how frustrating it was early on. I wanted to do so much more than I could, but would start hurting and tire very easily. Each week seemed to show little progress, but you'll get there. I feel amazing now but still catch myself wondering when aunt flo is coming back.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal520 View Post
It even gets better from the 6 week point. I will be at 6 months post on Monday and remember how frustrating it was early on. I wanted to do so much more than I could, but would start hurting and tire very easily. Each week seemed to show little progress, but you'll get there. I feel amazing now but still catch myself wondering when aunt flo is coming back.
I am so happy with how I am feeling now. I look and feel much better than I have in years. My only regret is the I did not do this 5 years ago.
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM

I sure do hope you are feeling better now. My surgery was Feb 19th and i had complications too! UTI the day after surgery and had cipro for that. A couple of days after cipro ended, one of my 4 incisions started oozing this yellow cloudy goo to on to keflex. At 6 weeks, i was supposed to get my final clearance from the doc for return to "normal" activities with my hubby, but guess what? The cuff stitches were still there and not disolving. As of today, so much better. High doses of iron (per doc prescription) helped my low post op blood levels and instead of feeling like a wet noodle without any energy, i started feeling better. You will feel better too! Hang in there. Talk to your doc during your post op visits. Rest!
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM

Yes! I had my first and only bout about 6 months prior to the surgery.
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:55 AM

Ok y'all exactly where is the cuff located from the outside perspective?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register