TLH hysterectomy 22/4/13 with complications - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy 22/4/13 with complications hysterectomy 22/4/13 with complications

Unread 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
hysterectomy 22/4/13 with complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky&thefonz View Post
I am not sure yet. I see them next week. If I need a surgical repair, I want to do it sooner rather than later. I am sure my insurance will have hoops I have to jump through first. I did tell my husband if I have to go through Another surgery, I want to have a tummy tuck at the same time. I am definitely going to look into it!
lmao hell why not if your getting knocked out get something you want done!
im goiing through the public system. Im devistated at the moment. my dr has simpky said "just hope it drys up and the swelling goes down" . ive lost my faith. everytime I have surgery they seem to mess it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Re: hysterectomy 22/4/13 with complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbel View Post
lmao hell why not if your getting knocked out get something you want done!
im goiing through the public system. Im devistated at the moment. my dr has simpky said "just hope it drys up and the swelling goes down" . ive lost my faith. everytime I have surgery they seem to mess it up.
Oh glitterbel, I am so sorry they didn't give you any answers. Where are you from? Just not sure what public system you are referring to. How long are they going to make you wait for it to dry up and the swelling to go down. I am so sorry. I know what it is like to lose faith in medicine and feel a bit hopeless about it. Is there another doctor you can see some place else. I think you might have to fight for yourself. It sucks, but whether public or private medicine, we sometimes have to fight for what we need. I know it shouldn't be that way.
For me, a tummy tuck will not be covered by insurance but I would save money by having it at the same time. I thought about it when I had the hysterectomy but that happened too quickly. Not sure we can afford it, but I am going to try my hardest to make it happen if I have to go in for repair.
Well, just know I am thinking about you. I hope you can find the help you need or that the leaking will stop on its own. Don't give up, you are worth it!!
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Oh glitterbel, I am so sorry they didn't give you any answers. Where are you from? Just not sure what public system you are referring to. How long are they going to make you wait for items to dry up and the swelling to go down. I am so sorry. I know what it is like to lose faith in medicine and feel a bit hopeless about it. Is there another doctor you can see some place else. I think you might have to fight for yourself. It sucks, but whether public or private medicine, we sometimes have to fight for what we need. I know it shouldn't be that way.
For me, a tummy tuck will not be covered by insurance but I would save money by having it at the same time. I thought about it when I had the hysterectomy but that happened too quickly. Not sure we can afford it, but I am going to try my hardest to make it happen if I have to go in for repair.
Well, just know I am thinking about you. I hope you can find the help you need or that the leaking will stop on its own. Don't give up, you are worth it!!
im in victoria australia. where are you? ive been seeing the same dr since I had my first child (I have 3 miracles).
so what will they do for you? surely its classed as a priority? what would happen if you presented to an emergency room?
I think I need fresh eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbel View Post
im in victoria australia. where are you? ive been seeing the same dr since I had my first child (I have 3 miracles).
so what will they do for you? surely its classed as a priority? what would happen if you presented to an emergency room?
I think I need fresh eyes
I am in the lovely Midwest of the US...state of Iowa. I am sure if I really wanted to be seen this week, my doctor would see me. I am not in pain and have only had a couple incidents of not making it to the bathroom in time. I am ok with waiting a week. I have a friend who has prolapse and she says you can live with it for a long time. It is just uncomfortable and sometimes painful during sex. We're going very slow in that department. Just not something I want to live with long term. I was a bit freaked out when I discovered the prolapse this weekend.
You must have a good relationship with your doctor. We've moved around a bit but I have had my doctor for over ten years.

I hope things settle down for you. How long ago did ou have your surgery?
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I am in the lovely Midwest of the US...state of Iowa. I am sure if I really wanted to be seen this week, my doctor would see me. I am not in pain and have only had a couple incidents of not making it to the bathroom in time. I am ok with waiting a week. I have a friend who has prolapse and she says you can live with it for a long time. It is just uncomfortable and sometimes painful during sex. We're going very slow in that department. Just not something I want to live with long term. I was a bit freaked out when I discovered the prolapse this weekend.
You must have a good relationship with your doctor. We've moved around a bit but I have had my doctor for over ten years.

I hope things settle down for you. How long ago did ou have your surgery?
I had my hysterectomy and ooph about 6 weeks ago now, I had the boari (sp) flap repair 3 weeks ago today. ibe been told I should be presenting at an emergency room but I dont think another dr will touch me. and with my history id prefer to keep it all in one place even if it means travelling back to Sydney.
ibe spoken to my surgeon who I will call when he is back next week and see where we go from there. ive read up on what needs doing and its a bit scary but if they decide to do it or less intrusive I will do it.
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Don't be afraid to go to the ER if things get worse. I would think you might be at a higher risk of infection. If you get chills or fever or anything else alarming don't hesitate to go. Is do understand wanting to stick with your doctor. I am not sure what a boari flap repair is. I will have to look that one up. For some reason, I am in pain tonight. Hopefully, sleep will help. If I had pain meds I would take one tonight. Ibuprofin irritates my stomach & my GI Doesn't want me taking it. Tylenol doesn't do much. Ice packs are my friend when I get uncomfortable. I might try the heating pad.
Keep me posted on your situation. I hope you can get things resolved soon!
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:13 AM

You might want to look over on the bladder and pelvic floor board. There are a few threads about ureteral injury and fistulas.

My ureter came apart as a complication of an abdominal hysterectomy- I had severe endo and never knew it.

The ureteral injury wasn't discovered until eight weeks later. I had multiple stents over a period of five months and finally ended up with a psoas hitch and a reimplantation of the ureter. The last stent came out last month and so far so good.

Are you having leakage from your vagina or from your bladder. Leakage from your vagina can be serious. You don't want urine sitting around in your abdomen. It can cause infections and other problems. If you're leaking from you bladder that can probably wait- you may be having bladder spasms and medication might help with that.

I hope you get some answers. I felt very alone in all this as it's not a common complication.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register