awful youtube video | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

awful youtube video awful youtube video

Unread 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
awful youtube video

My bf and I were looking for info on the net and came across a youtube video about hysterectomies. It was so scary. It said that those having hyst. would lose control of their bowels, bladder, not have any vaginal sensations, then said we would experience shocks in the vaginal area. It said our rib cage would settle onto our hips giving us large bellies, no waists and back problems. It just kept going on and on. I started to cry and he turned it off. I have read nothing of the such on here and am angry that someone would put something like that out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Re: awful youtube video

WOW! that is scary. I too have been looking up videos on youtube, and all it did was scare me even more than I already am. But we must remember, from what I learned from this site...everyone woman is different. some people only like to give you worst case scenerios...if all of what you have seen is even possible. ( ribs moving down....they cant move..they are attached to your back bone) Think Positive thought! no room for negative thinking. I know , easier said than done....but we can try. :-)
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM

Ladies I did the same thing! Best thing I found while searching the internet was this site!! My advise.... Don't google/ you-tube any of it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Hello Gabby66 and Jackiee,

Happy New Year to all of you!

Like Smatthews said above, I did the same thing and was petrified of having my surgery. The internet is full of the negative stories...I couldn't find one positive experience until I found this site, then I was at ease.

The best advise someone gave me here was "your fear is your worst enemy". From the minute I read that post, I was no longer afraid. Had faith that God was in charge and handed all my fears, anxieties and worries to Him.

My worst fear was the anesthesia (I have horrible side-effects to anesthesia) and gaining weight. See I'm the type of person that weighs myself every morning after I brush my teeth. If I've gained a pound, my exercise regimen is increased for the day.

Well, to be honest, when I got out of the hospital I was so swollen and was wondering if my husband had broken my scale while I was at the hospital. I was 15 pounds heavier. Two weeks after, I had lost all the weight and was back to my regular size (without exercising of course).

I bugged my doctor to allow me to go back to exercise, however, he did not release me until 6 weeks. After all the begging the doctor to release me, I found out my body was not prepared to exercise, hence I listened to my body and did not start until 8 weeks (very slowly).

January 12th will be six months I had my hysterectomy and I'm now beginning to feel normal. Thank the Lord, I have not lost control of my bowels, bladder, or vaginal sensations.

Hmmm...so far my rib cage is not on my hips, I'm back to my normal waist size and have no back problems. I feel wonderful and my body feels and looks better than before I had my surgery.

My advise...don't listen to any negative advise, listen to your doctor and your body. Everyone is different and only you know your body. Take it one day at a time and trust that all will be fine.

Come to this website for support...it helped me tremendously.

I wish you both health and the best!!!
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:18 PM

What baloney. I'm sorry you had to see that nonsense. **** can happen but that is just fear mongering. Good thoughts!
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Well, it's been a year and I still have bowel & bladder control! Sensations are just fine. Ribs are where they've always been. Fear mongering, I agree. While it's true that a hyst is major surgery and the possibility of complications does exist, if you need it, you need it and it's so very wrong for someone to try to frighten women like that. The vast majority of women do just fine.
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:21 PM

AH!!
I watched a youtube video about a surgery utensil called a "morcelator"... it kind-of grinds up your uterus to get it out laparoscopically. Made me wanna vomit.
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:08 AM

Ladies, don't let these youtube videos and sites scare you. I'm a teacher, and what I tell my students is that for every opinion out there, there is a contrary opinion, and each side tries to "push" their own agenda. What I was told I had to have a hysterectomy, I started doing research, and I saw those sites. I did some exploring, talked to people who had hysterectomies, including my sister-in-law, who is an RN, and came here. This is what I concluded: there are some people that are opposed to having a hysterectomy, for any reason. If you think about it, that's just a crazy opinion to have--some of us don't have much of a choice. I would have bled to death without mine, so some choice there. These anti-hysterectomy people go find out the worst possible side effects that a woman can have. They then say that everyone "will" (not might) have all of them. They don't bother to mention that most of these side effects only happen in a very minute percentage of cases, and they rarely, if ever, happen all at the same time! They are trying to scare women into not having hysterectomies, and I think that is criminal. It's a personal decision for some, a life-saving necessity for others, and they should be ashamed. My advice is to use this site as a litmus test to see if the information is accurate. Also, talk to others who have had hysterectomies. I started asking around and I found out there were a lot more women I knew who had one than I realized. It is the second most common medical procedure for women.

Don't let these sites scare you. They are just someone's outlandish opinion--definitely not fact. *Hugs*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register