Uterine Lining Fused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Lining Fused Uterine Lining Fused

Unread 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Uterine Lining Fused

Hello! How is everyone!

I have a host of issues: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, large fibroids, severe bleeding, pelvic and ovary pain -- you name it.

I had an ablation in December 2007 and have NOT had a period since. Went back for a follow-up two weeks ago, and scheduled a D&C w/Hysteroscopy and Ultrasound assist, as my doc had found all types of unexplained irregularities in my ultrasound report from 2 weeks ago.

Well..I had my scheduled D&C yesterday, however, the doc could NOT do the D&C because he could not get to any tissue. He told me in the hospital yesterday that my lining was fused together with a lot of scarred tissue and that it was "muscle on muscle". He couldn't even move it to gather a D&C sample. Also, I haven't bled after my ablation in 2007 because the blood has pooled and turned brown in my uterus. Bascially everything is trapped. (

So..it seems my options are 1) treat the pain...2) try to do a diagnostic hysteroscope to "unfuse" the tissue or 3)hysterectomy. He felt the hysterectomy was the way to go, which we had tried to circumvent in 2007. I particularly was trying to delay the inevitable. And my doc is a Gynecologic Oncologist ---and I trust him. He's not just gung-** to do surgery. I sought him out after seeing a regular OBGYN in my area who wanted to just cut me open without trying other options.

Has anyone else heard of the lining being fused like this?? I can't imagine that keeping it that way with old blood in there can be healthy or safe. I would like to have the hysterectomy to get everything out of there. I have a consult this coming Tuesday to see if I am a candidate for the DaVinic, as my doctor specializes in that area in Philadelphia. He does two per week!

Any comments, information would be appreciated!

Best,
Chrys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Re: Uterine Lining Fused

Did you ask your doctor if the fusing was a result of the prior ablation?

Though you trust your surgeon, it still might be wise to seek a second opinion about what is best for you. Possibly the doctor you are seeing next week regarding a da Vinci hysterectomy may have some ideas and suggestions as well.

I wish you all the best for whatever you decide!
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Re: Uterine Lining Fused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post

Did you ask your doctor if the fusing was a result of the prior ablation?

Though you trust your surgeon, it still might be wise to seek a second opinion about what is best for you. Possibly the doctor you are seeing next week regarding a da Vinci hysterectomy may have some ideas and suggestions as well.

I wish you all the best for whatever you decide!
**My doctor/surgeon thinks it could be possible.

**Well, the doc I am seeing is my current doc/surgeon (he's an gynecological oncologist). He specializes in the Da Vinci and I do trust him. I don't think there are many other options to help w/a fused lining. I just want it out. I'm in constant pain and the blood has been trapped. That can't be good. He did say they could possibly do another surgery to see if they can "un-fuse" everything, but I just think that is delaying the inevitable.

Thank you so much for your well-wishes!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register