Anyone else have radiologist block arteries?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have radiologist block arteries?? Anyone else have radiologist block arteries??

Unread 01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Anyone else have radiologist block arteries??

I hemorrhaged 4 times after my surgery. I had 2 emergency surgeries. Finally a radiologist had to block the arteries in my groin that go to my pelvis to stop the bleeding. I am very thankful to be alive!

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 01:38 PM

I did not have anything similar. I had an uneventful surgery and am recovering nicely but I wanted to say that I'm glad you are ok and to send you a I hope that you have an peaceful and eventless recovery from here on out. Take care and get lots of rest! Remember that there is always someone on this site day and night.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:55 PM

Yes, I did, just this past weekend. I think you wrote about yours on my previous post. I had my embolization done by an Interventional Radiologist during my second hemorrhage on New Year's Eve (2nd hemorrhage occurred 16 days post-op, first one occurred 10 days post-op). I am hopeful that it will finally stop this nightmare of random, spontaneous hemorrhaging, and I too, am just thankful to be alive!

I can't believe you had to go through 4 hemorrhages. I'm so sorry. I really don't know if I could take another and I only had two.

What number of days post-op did yours occur on? I am so confused as to how I could go 10 days with no bleeding before having my first hemorrhage and then go another 5-1/2 days with no bleeding until the second. The explanation they gave me for the 1st one occuring when it did kind of made sense in that the stitches often start dissolving around this time, but the 2nd one happening 5-1/2 days later continues to baffle me.

Mindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Mindy,

When I read your post, I couldn't believe how similar our stories are. I even showed it to my dh & he said I could just cut & paste your story as mine!!

When I read your very fist post a few weeks ago, I felt so bad for you. I didn't want to post because I didn't want to scare you. Who hemorrhages more than once??

I had a feeling that something was not right about 6 days after my surgery. I had a horrible heaviness down there & I bled a little bit.

My first hemorrhage happened 13 days after my original surgery. I got out of bed in the morning & just started bleeding like crazy. I went into the bathroom & the blood was everywhere. It looked like a murder scene. I told my dh to call an ambulance. When I go to the hospital the ER dr. pulled a massive blood clot out of me. My bleeding stopped on its own this time. When my dr. got to the hospital, I think he thought I was nuts. He told me that if I started bleeding again to go to his office which is about 1/2 hour away & NOT the hospital. So I went home completely traumatized.

At around 4pm the very same day I started hemorrhaging again. This time I ruined my bedroom carpet with the "murder scene". My dh called the doctors' office & we piled the kids in the car & started driving. I was soaked in blood - my pants, my lap, my shirt. It just kept pooling out of me. My dh said this is crazy & took me straight to the ER. I honestly think he saved my life making that decision. I went down hill very fast & blacked out. My blood pressure was 70/30. I was taken into emergency surgery where they restitched me. They put stitches between all my existing stitches. I received 3 units of blood. I left the hospital 4 days later.

The very next night I began hemorrhaging again & went back to the ER. This time the bleeding stopped on its own & the dr. put in packing & I was admitted. I was released the next night & I felt horrible. My blood count was 8.1 at that time. I could hardly walk up the stairs when I got home.

The very next morning I woke up & started hemorrhaging again. I was sure that this was it for me. I have never been so scared in my entire life. I called each of my 4 kids into my bedroom to say good-bye to them as I waited for the ambulance. They didn't fully understand what I was doing, but it was the hardest thing to say good-bye. I told my husband that I wanted him to be happy & remarry, but please make sure she is good to the children & loves them. So off to the hospital I went where I had the same black out as last time, blood pressure 60/30. I needed 4 units of blood. The drs. took me back in for emergency surgery. They needed to get me stable before the interventional radiologist could block the arteries. When I came out of the surgery, I was still bleeding. I was so nervous that the radiologist wouldn't be able to help me< but he did. The procedure was very uncomfortable, but I have to say it worked. I am so very thankful to the radiologist for saving my life!

Mindy, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that you did, but please know that you are not alone. Please feel free to email me if you would like.

Hugs!
Unread 01-06-2006, 03:23 PM

Reader44,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your kind words from the bottom of my heart!

I hope that your recovery is going well!!

Hugs!
Unread 01-07-2006, 11:18 AM

Jere4k,
You are more than welcome. I hope that you are doing well now. I am doing great at this point I feel back to normal for the most part. This site has been so helpful on this journey. I'm not sure if I would have gone through with the surgery without it. I am so glad that I did though! I feel better now than I have since I was a teen. Take care and rest up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register