Sleep habbits of husband | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleep habbits of husband Sleep habbits of husband

Unread 11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

Hi:

Last night I woke up, I am laying on my stomach and my husband in his sleep puts his leg on top of my stomach. When I thought about I realized he does this alot. This is how we sleep often. That made me start thinking about our sleeping habbits being as I will have surgury next week. When I think of it he is all over me while Im sleeping and does this in his sleep. Has anyone had a husband that sleeps likes this? What did you do post op to protect your belly?

I am having Radical TAH so it would be really bad if this happened.

Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

How about your hubby sleeping in another room? I just came back from the castle last week, TAH and just getting in and out of bed is difficult, especially the first few days. My hubby is sleeping in the guest room because movement of the bed hurts.

I will tell you that last night my cat came in the house and jumped right up into my lap and YEOOWW! So be careful if you are going to keep hubby in the bed with you.
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

I had the same problem with my DH. The first week, I slept on the couch because it was more comfortable. But when I did move into the bed, he was so worried about throwing his leg across, that he didn't sleep well. The first few nights back in bed, I put a long pillow between us. I am eight weeks out and am loving sleeping on my tummy and his leg close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

Hey Toni,

Hubs and I generally sleep all wrapped around each other as well.

Since my bedroom is upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs, I had already decided before surgery to sleep downstairs in the recliner for the first two weeks, well, I'm now at week 3 and still in the recliner to protect my belly from flying arms and legs.

It's worked out pretty well, especially since Hubs has been sleeping on the couch so I'm not down here by myself.
Unread 11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Children mentioned.

I've got similar concerns so what we've done is to set up our spare double bed mattress at the end of our bed for either my husband or the kids to sleep on. This way they can be close to me but not risk any flying body parts whilst I'm sleeping or resting.

We did this when I had my caesareans too & it worked really well.
Unread 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

Oh my gosh--I'm so glad you asked about this. My husband is a big guy, and when he rolls over in bed it's like a whale breaching. He lands on the new side and the bed shakes (and this is on a standard mattress, mind you). I've been concerned about how I'll be, especially for the first few days home. I'll be having TVH, so maybe it isn't an issue?
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

Oh Geez, this is something I hadnt even thought of. I know my hubby will be careful and keep away. But he too is a big guy, and the bed even shakes when he coughs.

He is such a bear too and may get really hurt when I ask him too sleep elsewhere.

I am so glad this thread was brought up. Now I have something else to discuss with hubby. He may have to sleep in the baby's room on the spare bed.
Unread 11-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Sleep habbits of husband

We still haven't slept in the same bed. For the first two weeks or so I had the bed and he took the couch, but when I got stronger (and had some insomnia) I started sleeping on the couch and he took the bed.

DH is still worried about accidentally bumping my stomach in his sleep (we're also touchy in sleep). We're going to give it a try in another week or two with some pillows between us because I gotta say, I miss sleeping in bed with him.
Unread 11-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Sleep habbits of husband

Hi Ladies

DH and I slept together from the first night home.

I am a side sleeper and he made sure he was right up behind me (who needs a body pillow!) and the extra support made me feel so much more secure.

It also felt so good to have him there :-) If his hand wanders to its usual position on my tummy I do have t move it up though, even now at 12 weeks out!

Hugs

Katy
Unread 11-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Sleep habbits of husband

I moved into the guest bedroom for two weeks following my LAVH so my husband wouldn't throw an arm or a leg across me. Also it was nice to be able to alternate between a heating pad and an ice pack and taking my pain meds without worrying about waking him. Besides, the sheets & comforter in my guest room are much more luxurious and I enjoyed the different view from the windows. Made me feel like I had the whole "princess" thing going on!
Rose

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register