New Sis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
New Sis

Good Afternoon Sisters! My TAH was May 22nd. Procedure was done before I knew it......woke up in quite a bit of pain, had one bad night when I thought I'd pass out the pain was so unbearable! I was not released until Friday 5/25. Like many of you, it took me a week for first BM, oh the pain!!!!! Still hurts, it's not constipation...feels more like the gas pain moving around. At time paralyzing! Oooooooof! Staples were removed Wednesday 5/30, doc said incision looks good. Been off pain medication since 5/28. My recovery seems to be going well....having the painful BMs, night sweats (have both ovaries), abdominal pain and tightness, trouble sleeping and cold spells. Overall, I could not have been blessed with an easier recovery! (tee hee, who'd want that drama?) I feel better already than I've felt in 5 years! Frequent trips to ER, non stop menstrual cycles and pain all of the time; GONE! No one but you all would understand what I am saying. For each of you having a difficult time, I send you comfort and welll wishes....things will get better! Just when we think we've taken all that we can, a power within reveals we have before and we will again! Be blessed and be well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Re: New Sis

Welcome! I'm so glad you are recovering nicely!
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Re: New Sis

Welcome!

Glad that your recocery is going good. Are you taking a stool softener? It might help ease some of the pain when you have to go. I take Miralax when I have pain, which isn't often. Also, try drinking something warm first thing in the morning....coffee, tea, warm water. Mix your Miralax in with that. Also, make sure you are keeping well hydrated. Drink that water, it keeps things lubricated.

Sending healing & happy thoughts to you for a speedy & easy recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register