Hi Ladies...Back from the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Ladies...Back from the castle Hi Ladies...Back from the castle

Unread 07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi Ladies...Back from the castle

Hi all.
I am back from the castle... Got back on Sunday... I have not been able to post because I have been exhausted and had to get nausea under control. My surgery went well, even though they had to do an abdominal incision rather than the scheduled laparascopic hyst. The fibroids I had were attached to my pelvic wall, therefore laparascopic procedure no longer became an option. It is OK though, as long as they got them all out. I had surgery Friday and came home Sunday . Back to hospital yesterday ( the doctor sent me there) because my throat was so sore and it was hard for me to swallow. They determined that it was probably from the tubes they insert during surgery. Anyone else have this???? OK I am tired now so I will post again later....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2006, 07:25 AM

Welcome home, !

You've already got the right idea -- lots of , drink your water, take your meds.... repeat as necessary.

Although I didn't experience it, I think the sore throat issue is one that is fairly common among surgical patients. Take care of yourself!

Unread 07-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome Back!!!

Rest, and have someone get you some good magazines, maybe some coloring books and crayons, some good movies. Glad you are back. I hear sore throat from anesthesia is common.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2006, 08:21 AM

Glad to see you here again! home!

I had a sore throat & a very sore tooth after surgery - both from the intubation. Popsickles and ice water have become my best friends!

I still sound like a frog when I talk - but the sore throat and sore tooth are better now (at 8 days after surgery). Hang in there - that does get better!

Noni
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:32 AM

NewYorkChick - So glad you posted! Welcome home! When you weren't online, I figured you might have ended up having an abdominal incision....sorry that had to happen. At least you are on the road to recovery now! I still have a sore throat too from that tube they inserted. I've eaten applesauce, cold canned peaches, lots of ice water. Even gargled with some warm salt water and that helped some too. I've been taking meds for pain and nausea as well. I told the anesthesiologist that I get sick when I'm put to sleep like that and she said they put meds in my IV to help. It really did help some.
Take care and keep hydrating! We're thinking about you!
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:22 AM

welcome home!! I've been watching for you!!

I also have plenty of sore throat issues, even two weeks later. The tube disturbed a bump I have on the roof of my mouth, and I have been in pain from that. It will get better in time, but I did call my oral surgeon to be sure.

Post details when you feel up to it...again, welcome back!!

Love, Ruthie
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:20 AM

Welcome Home! Just like everyone said just kick your feet up and do nothing! Rest and get your strength back. Sorry to hear you had the abdominal.... it is no picnic.

Marti
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:07 PM

New York Chick,
I hope your . Talk to you when you feel better.
Kellee
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:44 PM

Hey, glad your home - my uvula was scratched and inflamed, but there wasn't anything that they could do but drink cold water/juice and popscicles. My Gyn and the Ansest. Dr. both told me that I need to get my tonsils out (33 and still have them) since mine are so enlarged. Hang in there and take care!
Unread 07-19-2006, 04:31 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!! I am happy to be back, and to be back on the OTHER side! Sore throat a little better today than yesterday... I could not even swallow yesterday...Horrible. Today I am feeling much more like "myself". Not to tired to think straight..etc. You know LSUinwisconsin...I had my tonsils out when I was older...the funny thing was, my throat felt like it used to when I got tonsilitis. Like two huge balls were blocking my air and preventing proper swallowing! And like you said, there is nothing they can give you to feel better. I have been drinking alot of soup and cold drinks as well. It makes you wonder what they do when you are asleep right?? Thanks for the sympathy with the abdominal Marti.... I had 2 c sections before, so when I heard that I had to have an abdominal I knew what I was in for!!! I am really much better than I thought though...considering it all. Definately in good spirits. I am thankful to God there was no cancer or now other bad news.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register